Tuesday 10 January 2012

Scrapbook Boutique - January Blog Hop and Inspiration Challenge.

I'm hopping today with Scrapbook Boutique, 

The Hop starts and ends at the Scrapbook Boutique Blog.  If you're following along you should have arrived from Sue K's  blog and when you leave me you hop over to Therese's Blog.

The hop is open for one week, closing at midday Tuesday 17th January. 
To be eligible to win the prize, leave a comment on each of the blogs, with the SB blog being the last one.  The random winner will be drawn from the  SB blog and announced on Wednesday 18th.

Unfortunately the blog hop prize (and the inspiration challenge) are only open to anyone with an Australian mailing address.

The Blog Hop prize this month is this beautiful set from Penny Black - Flower Gallery
Why not play along with our regular monthly inspirational challenge.
 The theme is Purple, Green and White. Make a project using the following picture as your inspirationand you could be the winner of a $30 gift voucher for Scrapbook Boutique.
(Link your project on the SB Blog before 31/1/12)


Take a look at these delicious cupcakes.....so pretty!
The detail on each of these little fancies is amazing.....wish I had this kind of patience.  Here's what I came up with using Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies.


Using the background stamp with one daisy popped up over a vellum sentiment strip. Some green leaves tucked in to finish the card front.  For those who are interested here's how:


1.     Trim Purple card from Core’dinations  Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection to 4-1/8” x 5-3/8”.
2.     Stamp the Daisy Patch Background to smooth white card using distress inks in dusty concord. Trim image to 4-2/8” x 5-4/8”.
3.     Trim vellum to 1-4/8” and wrap around the bottom of the stamped background securing at the back.
4.     Using a Copic Multiliner add the faux stitching along the top and bottom of the vellum. Stamp Sentiment in onyx black and set aside to dry.
5.     Stamp the two largest daisy patch flowers using dusty concord ink. I stamped off the largest before stamping the image I would use, to give a lighter outline.
6.     Using the matching dies, die cut the two Daisy Patch flowers. Using Zip Dry glue attach the petals together and add some Glossy Accents to the centre of the flower. 
7.     From a scrap of green card die cut a leaf branch from the Spellbinders foliage dies and run it through a paper crimper to add some dimension.
8.     Arrange the leaf and Daisy over the vellum, using Zip Dry glue to adhere.
9.     Adhere the stamped background to the purple card before adding this to the 5.5” x 4.25” smooth white card base.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges this week:

Gingerloft Challenge - GL31 - Anything goes. (ends 21/1)

I thought I'd sneak in another little card to share.  I really liked the cupcake with the woven iced top so used that as the inspiration for this card......What do you think?









So simple to weave strips from paper scraps. Punch a few flowers and a dab of Stickles for the centre.  I added a sentiment from the same set as the first card and a Heartfelt Creations Posy Patch die cut flower.



Looking forward to seeing all your projects this month..........See yoou soon!



Photobucket

24 comments:

Narelle said...

Gorgeous card Sue!
I think I might have to invest in some of those stamps and matching dies! Such a clever idea!

Angela said...

firstly, love the background with the same stamp set! mudst try that and two cards...clever girl! they are both gorgeous. I have such a huge overflowing scrap container too!

happyglitzygirl said...

Great cards,I love the daisy background stamp, looks fantastic with the rest of the card. Just blog hopping through, blessings Hilde

The twins mum said...

I love the background and the flower is so gorgeous. Purple is my fav colour can't wait to get to the craft table.
Maree
x

JennyH said...

Both cards are lovely. I particularly like the woven icing one, very sweet :)

Diane Thoomes said...

Both are lovely...I do love purple...you make it look so easy lol...well done....I need to get some of those stamp/dies... :)

Julie H said...

Both cards are divine, I hope I get time to play along too!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are beautiful Sue! I love the floral background you created and the vellum sentiment on the first card!

Karen M said...

I love both your cards, they are just gorgeous x x

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards. The Heartfelt stamps and dies are stunning and I love your effort with the lattice card...it doesn't look easy but effective.

dizzydeb said...

Love both cards but the first one particularly took my eye as it is so hard to make a decision on what to put on a sympathy card and I really like yours.
Cheers Debbie

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

They are both amazing cards. The purple is just luscious, Sue!

Bonnie said...

Both of these are beautiful and so different! I love the bed of daisies on the first card and the paper weaving and beautiful flower on the second.

Catherine said...

gorgeous Sue, I also love the weave pattern as well. Beautiful sympathy card, very soothing. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

spikeyjen said...

I'm loving both of your cards Sue, and I can see where the inpiration for the weaving comes from. Both are beautiful.
Thanks for sharing
Jen

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

These are both gorgeous cards Sue, done well.

Selma said...

Both your cards are so pretty Sue. It is easy to see where you got your inspiration. The heartfelt Creations daisies are gorgeous on the sympathy card and I love how you created the woven background on the second card. Your sentiment describes it well -- "Beautiful".

Susan Hogan said...

They are both so pretty but like the posy best.

Janet O'Brien said...

beautiful cards Sue I especially love the woven one :)

Sue said...

Now you have made it really hard to pick a favourite Sue! love the weaving in the second but all the gorgeous stamping in the 1st! :)

Kym Weber said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous! Those shades of purple are fabulous! Your second card is wonderful! Absolutely love the weaving - stunning job! Very beautiful flowers!

Marion said...

Oh Sue...I Love your cards, especially the first one! That background is amazing!

Gale said...

Both cards are beautiful. Love the flower background on the first. On the second that woven top is a great idea! Love it.
Thanks for playing our "Anything Goes" at GingerLoft Challenges.

:) Gale

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh I love both your cards Sue, I'm a flower girl and love how you used the flowers from the background on your sympathy card.