Sunday 29 January 2012

The Roses - January Challenge.




Hello..........Last Sunday of the month means it's time for The Roses Challenge once more.  The very talented Kym got to pick the challenge this month and asked to see winter cards using blue. I decided on my first Christmas card for 2012~~~ Talk about starting early!



The image for my card is from Inkadinkaclings and is called Merry Christmas Snowman. Coloured with Copic markers and given some clear glitter for a little sparkle. The sentiment is from SU.  I've added snowflakes, some punched and one brad.  The DP is more of Kaisercraft's Blae & Ivy and I've also die cut a strip of icicles using a Die-namics die.

Want to see what the girls have made for Kym's challenge? All the links are under The Roses tab at the top of my page.

Thanks Kym....I'm one down with goodness knows how many to go.....Perhaps I should make one a week!!!!






Thanks for all the well wishes for Saturday's open house.......It was thankfully dry for us!  Thought I'd share one of the photos with you.  The good thing about all the rain is that the lawn has never looked better :)





Thanks for calling past this Sunday. Hope you have a relaxing day, see you soon.......
Photobucket

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

So organized, Xmas cards already!! This one is so cute Sue, your colouring is perfect!
Good luck with the open house!

craftieodmae said...

your photo of the house is gorgeous!!!! So is the card, have a good one hon...........Hugs, Olga

Selma said...

Sue this is the cutest Christmas card. I LOVE that snowman. Hope my name is on that card next Christmas! Hope your open house was very successful - your home looks lovely.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super adorable card Sue... nice to have a start on the Christmas cards huh? Your home looks lovely and grass so green!

Betty Benton said...

I love this cutie-pie of a card and the soft watercolor look you have achieved with the coloring! Join me at the Merry Monday challenge spot to get your Christmas card stash started early!

Kym Weber said...

Sue, this is absolutely gorgeous! Your image is just darling and colored so beautifully! The paper is so soft and pretty! Just love the glitter icicle border and snowflakes! Spectacular job!

So glad to hear you had nice weather for your open house! Gorgeous house! Good luck on selling! Hopefully a buyer will come and fall in love with it like I'm sure you did!

Deborah Frings said...

Love this Christmas card - the colours are perfect and Mr Snowman is just so cute!! Your house looks wonderful and the lawn is fab! Hope the Open House was successful!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You have such a lovely home, Sue! Best wishes on a speedy signed contract. Your Rose challenge card is perfect! I may give it a go later if the wrist behaves. Love all the sparkle you added to the frosty scene.

redwasher1 said...

Sue, you card and your photo are just gorgeous!!!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh wow is this ever a beauty TillySue! Truly gorgeous. I love that bg paper and the glitter icecicles. What an adorable image.

Jose said...

Gorgeous card love the image and the colours you have used, and you are well ahead of me with Christmas cards.
Good luck with selling your lovely house, I hope someone fell in love with it on Saturday.

Jane said...

Great image and colouring, love the icicles.

Caroline D. said...

You've made a beautiful card!! The icicles across the top look like vintage tinsel!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Hi Sue! Wow what a lovely card! Love the colouring and papers...it is really beautiful. Thanks for your lovely comments over on my blog - you have some beautiful work, I am now following for all of the beautiful inspiration :)

Andrea said...

Wow, your lawn looks like carpet Sue!! It's beautiful! Everything else looks incredibly neat as well!!

Patti P. said...

Sue, this is such a beautiful card...love the papers and what a gorgeous image. Hope your home sells quickly, it is so beautiful.

Sue said...

I think I need to take a leaf out of your book Sue and make a start on the Chrissy cards, yours is fabulous!
The house looks fantastic, the lawn really makes a difference, gotta love a green lawn, pity ours doesn't look that great! I am sure your home will sell quickly! :)