Sunday 1 January 2012

The Roses Challenge

Happy New Year Blogger's


Hello, hope you're all rested after the Christmas festivities and that santa was good to you. Not sure I really deserved it but he was very good to me!   It's been good to have some time away from computers and my craft room but now I'm itching to get started again!

What a great way to start off the new blogging year....... with the ROSES challenge!  The Roses are a group of online friends who challenge each other each month.  This card  is actually for the December Challenge from last year :)  and it was my turn to pick the challenge.  I asked the girls to make a collage card using  a vintage image, lace, ribbon, glitter and one recyled item from Christmas.

Here's mine:



I've used the pretty bowl of roses for my vintage image. The lace is threaded through with fine satin ribbon. See the mother of pearl button .... that's my recyled item.  It's the spare button from a pretty blouse I received at Christmas. My die cut rose ......I hope you can see, is liberally sprinkled with  glitter.

I can't wait to see the cards the girls made why not join me, you'll find all the links under the DT tab at the top of my page.  


See you soon.............


Photobucket

13 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is one gorgeous shabby chic vintage creation! Have a Happy New Year!

Betty Benton said...

This is so pretty, Sue! I like the little bird you added. I must have missed that the recycled item was to have been from Christmas -- forgive me???

Colleen said...

Sue,
This is very pretty, I love the vintage feel. Great challenge.

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful way to start out 2012. Fantastic design and a great challenge for the DT. Have a wonderful New Year! "Hugs"

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi there Sue .Happy New Year for you and yours .
Beautiful card with lace , ribbon pearls and stunning flower.
hugs Shirley-Anne

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Such a pretty start to the year! Sweet. Happy 2012 to you!!

Deborah Frings said...

So pretty, full of shabby chic!!! Great papers and I do like the punched border and sweet rose!

Happy New Year to you!

Lorraine said...

Happy New Year Sue. Love the vintage card great idea for a challenge. Hugs xx

craftieodmae said...

beautiful!!!!! This was a challenge for me, I just don't think I do vintage well at all, yours rocks!!!! Happy New Year!!

Selma said...

Wow Sue this is gorgeous. I love how you created the dimensional rose to match the flowers in the vintage image. Fabulous! Happy New Year my friend.

Theresa's Studio said...

Sue, what a great challenge you presented to the Roses. Love all their cards so far. Your creation is beautiful...love that rose and vintage image...great together.
Happy New Year, my friend!

Caroline D. said...

So very pretty!! I found the Roses group via Olga. :o)

Anonymous said...

This is sooo beautiful Sue, love all that glittery goodness!
Happy New Year!