Thursday 24 January 2013

Special.......or not!





Hi Bloggers,

Still a bit on the warm side over here..........I know you wanted to hear that if you are enjoying snow right now!!!!!  What can I tell you........I'd love some cooler weather ...... Just not below minus thanks :)
It's been a busy week, my crafting space is coming along. It's all nice and bright with white walls windows and trims and today the electricians installed four white LED lights that are amazing.........Might need to install a dimmer switch now LOL.

OK if you were wondering about the blog title, this card was made for a post I needed to have ready for next week.  So why am I posting it today? Well, love the stamps (NEW from AnnaBelle) just wasn't happy with the way this one turned out. It's the faux linen technique which is a cool technique.....I photographed all the steps. Spent an age setting up the machine to add the stitching, flipping around with buttons and twine ........Still not happy.   So here it is today.........I thought this year I'd post everything I make.....good, bad or indifferent.

I do think though, that if your hearts not in it...... you shouldn't bother :)  What say you?

Photobucket

8 comments:

Gillian R said...

Hi Sue, glad to hear your weather is a bit more bareable that it was the other week. Today is the first day we are not forecast snow. If we could find the balance between our two climates it would be perfect. Anyway onto your card, I really like it, I love the linen effect, it looks amazing! but I know sometimes that you just can't like something you make no matter how much other people say its lovely, and it is lovely!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love the way you added the buttons and twine!

craftieodmae said...

very lovely.......love the background you made.

Gail said...

We are always critical of our own creations ,bear in mind others don't see or know what you were hoping to make.Just before christmas I gave over 100 cards to a local residental home for their Christmas fare ,I looked at each card and decided if I would be happy to receive it, probably threw about 25/30 cards in the bin.

lostinpaper said...

I think it looks great Sue! I especially love the background you created! We've got rain here today and it doesn't feel quite as hot, doesn't look so good for Australia day.

Lenoria said...

I like your card but I find that if I make something I am not happy with myself I may as well not even bother. Here in my part of Tennessee today we have icicles hanging from all the trees and powerlines. Thankfully we do still have power so nothing really to complain about just stay in and keep warm! Our schools were cancelled in the area due to icy roads so all the kids are able to be home and safe.

Danielle Daws said...

I think it's wonderful! Especially how you've added the buttons!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Sometimes I find no matter how much I will something to be nice in my eyes, it never works. Your card is great but if it's not what you envisaged, I'm glad you had another crack at it! xx M