Saturday 12 January 2013

What's happening at the blue house.....


Helloooo,

Meet my new best friend........My fan and I go everywhere  together at the moment :)  Ian says it could double as a fly swat or a table tennis bat LOL


It's so hot here today, we're waiting for a southerly change to come through with maybe some rain......which would be NICE!!!

Thought today I'd share what's happening at the blue house!

My little craft room is getting a make-over.


We have a large space behind the garage that houses my space and what the Real Estate people called a granny flat.  Walshie and I moved all my stuff into the  granny flat so we had room to paint. I look sort of settled don't I.


I've taken up the length of one wall with Ian using another for his desk and a book shelf. (Couldn't possibly share that picture with you, he's a messy worker!!!).
 The second TV is also in this area along with misc. furniture.... that may or may not stay, depending on what we do with the flat! I'm not sharing the plastic tubs full of fabric or the boxes full of books and magazines either..........perhaps I should be moving into the granny flat ....lol.

So the painting begins, very slowly in this heat.......Hope it's nice and cool where you are.

I think I hear the rumble of thunder.....oh goodie!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Hope you get some relief from the heat soon. But until then, you've got a most fashionable fan -- maybe Cath will see and feature it on Moxie Fab!

Carole S said...

WOW Sue, I am jealous, I just have a small corner in the kitchen to work in and my material are kept under the stairs, we have room upstairs but I am in an electric wheelchair (severely disabled) and live in the downstairs part which is partly adapted for me. The small room upstairs has all my painting material ( I went back to art collage in 2000 and qualified with an H.N.D. in Fine Art and Design in 2005 (I have has M.S. etc for 40+ years.) Bye for now love Carole Lockhart Stuart. :)XXX

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You have come up with the perfect heat defender/ fly swatter! As for your granny flat, I would not know what to do with all of that space! Love it!

Deborah Frings said...

Is there any end in sight for the high temperatures? Last year was the hottest year on record for the US - looks like Australia is going to have a hot one too.

If I could send some of the cold weather you way I would! In the meantime, I think this fan is really cool (sorry!)

Good luck with decorating your craft room.

CraftinGranny said...

How fun to have a new playroom where everything is together. I don't think there is one neat organized area in my room........LOL It's in the low teens here so I'm sending you some cooler weather. "Hugs"

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Serious case of 'temporary craft room envy'!!!!! Such a beautiful big space. Nice.

Sue said...

what a great space Sue, I am jealous of all the space you have, one day-lol!! :)