Friday 4 February 2011

Annabelle Stamps - Say It In Pink, Blue and Chocolate


This weeks AnnaBelle Stamps challenge is to say it in Pink, Blue and Chocolate.......such a great colour scheme.  Hope you'll join in the fun again this week and don't forget, use your AnnaBelle Stamps and post your entry in the AnnaBelle gallery for a chance to be one of our guest designers.
All entries go into the draw to win a Aus $20 shopping trip to the on-line store.

My card uses our January release All Things Grow .....I've seen a few of you make cards with this pretty set......if you haven't got your copy yet click on the link to take you to the store location.



I've used this week's Card Positioning Systems sketch 203 for my card.




I started with a pre folded card topped with some Chocolate American Craft Card.
The pretty top border was a scrap of paper (not sure who's, sorry) it had all the right colours. I added a portion of a Spellbinder die for my sentiment panel which was inked in Chocolate chip.
The pierced bottom portion is another scrap of SU DP with one of the beautiful grasses from the set stamped three times  in Chocolate Chip.

A double punched butterfly set with one of Annabelle Stamps Pear drops and three sprinkles in Blossom, Waterfall and Sultana add the bling.


Here's another one..... this one is for a male, even with the pink card!


I used the PI to cut the shaped for this card......but a couple of Spellbinder dies would work too.
I also used Ida's trick of dying some natural jute using Chocolate Chip ink ... thanks Ida!
The image and sentiment are from Rockin Instrumental and the guitar has been coloured with Prisma's, cut out and given a coat of Dimensional Magic to add some shine.
Those tiny Sprinkles are from the Brown Petals Kit

Need more inspiration?  why not check out the Belles and Bellas blogs. All the links are in the left side bar.


Thanks for dropping by, don't forget to leave me a comment or just say hello.........I'm planning some blog hopping this week end and I'd love to call past your place!

Photobucket

23 comments:

Ida said...

Terrific cards. Love the background paper on card one and how you used the sentiment panel and then stamped a row of the reeds. Very pretty.
Great guy card too and how fun that you dyed your natural twine too.

Liz Weber said...

Gorgeous cards Sue, love the pretty paper and butterfly one, I love that stamp set too. Your male card looks so smart and I love the design of it.

Have a great weekend.

Lisa Lara said...

Oh Sue what original creations. I love that CPS layout. The way you stamped the row on the bottom is genius. Love your Rock card. The knot at the top is WOW.

Betty Benton said...

Loving your card with "All Things Grow". I just posted one tonight with a blue and chocolate color theme. Guess I'll just have to do another and add pink!

redwasher1 said...

Sue, both of these cards are gorgeous!

Kerrie said...

Both cards are gorgeous, but i love the first its my favorite...

Rene Sharp said...

Wow Sue, you have been busy. What gorgeous creations this week, it was a fun combo to work with, hey!!

Kylie said...

Hi Sue,
I'm so loving both of your cards! Your first one is gorgeous and I love the DP you used, you make the most stunning cards with this set!!!
Your second card is AWESOME and I love they way you made it for a Male, it sure is rockin' and I LOVE the shape too!!!

Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs,
Kylie X

Sue said...

i can't believe how well this combo turned out in a male card- very creative thinking! you have worked the colours perfectly with the sketch, I just love the the áll things grow set! :)

Andrea said...

Fantastic cards Sue!! I love the layouts in both, and of course the colours :)
Enjoy your weekend!!
Andrea
x

Kerry Steger said...

Hi Sue,
I LOVE both your cards - the first one is just so stylish - the colours all work so well together and I love the way the butterfly is placed near the image. Your shaped card is also fantastic - great for a male and very trendy.

By the way thankyou so much for the lovely blog award, that made my day!
Kerry
xo

Colleen said...

Sue,
Love, love that first card! The way you used your spellbinder half for the saying Is something I would have never thought of. Love the second card to. I guess I just don't use my shapes enough.

Kym Weber said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous! Absolutely love the color combination! Beautiful papers!

Hugs,
~Kym~

The Other Patti Sue said...

I think this is my all time fav of your cards. Love the colors, the dp is just luscious! Beautiful work my friend!

craftieodmae said...

Sue your cards Rock!!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Great cards - I really, really like the first one - those papers are just gorgeous!!

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful cards Sue! I especially love that color combo. You've really been busy with all your awesome creations. "Hugs" Carol

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

The blog post title got me - I love those colours together! Gorgeous Sue, loving the second card as well ... haven't thought to fold over the top like that before!

Shirley-Anne said...

Wow ! Two fantastic cards .
Great take on sketch . Love the combination of papers too.

Lorraine said...

So pretty Sue love the whole design and the colours. Hugs xx

marilynprestonn said...

Really love this card Sue! My, the papers are gorgeous and your tab from label 4 looks cool. I never thought of doing that with mine. Thank you for this flowery inspiring card. :)Peggy

Lyn S said...

Fabulous cards Sue! Love the layouts and the colour combo!

Jose said...

Lovely cards Sue, love the grasses in that set