Monday 21 February 2011

Simply Less Is More.....Challenge 3 - Spring.



I've missed the first couple of challenges at Less Is More, they're up to number 3.
It looks a great CAS Challenge site though with the Blog owners Chrissy and Mandi offering some very useful tips and tricks. I looked back to last week and learnt some useful hints on working with Fonts. 

This week is about computer generated sentiments which I've used, but not the way the girls suggest.
I always print them onto card and then die cut the sentiments.......What about arranging them right on the front of the card..........OK am I the only dummy around here.

So enough prattle......This is my entry, Spring Basket. 
Sorry girls I was concentrating on the Computer stuff a little more than the composition this time around:)



 I arranged the sentiment (per Chrissie) then added a little free digital image.... that said spring to me!
The white card is some hammered card stock and once the image was dry, I lightly coloured it using Inkadinks.  Some satin ribbon to match and this little CAS card is ready for the envelope.

To be honest I think the sentiment could have gone a little to the left ......and the top line could have come down a smidge! The basket could have been a tiny bit smaller too, maybe.......but overall for a first go........not too bad and I love the sentiment to card thing.

So if you're looking for a Challenge with a little extra.....this could be the one for you!

Till next time.........I'm off to spend some time with Word!!!

Photobucket

27 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Very clever - I have trouble lining the sentiments up when printing straight to card. The basket is just the right size and very prettily coloured. Just right in fact!

Monique said...

This is Beauuuuutiful... I love the basket of flowers. Great work!!

Betty Benton said...

Good for you -- trying new things! (applause here) I think you did a wonderful job on your computer inspired card. Love your sentiment and basket of flowers!

Chrissie said...

I'm so glad you found the sentiment tutorial useful. When you have found the perfect placing for your sentiment I would recommend saving the file for future use. I always reduce the size of the viewable page to about 48% so that I can see the whole of it, to know where I have placed the sentiment (or the image) and print out onto paper first to check positioning... not very scientific, but it works for me.
Well done on this card, to be critical of positioning is definitely the way forward so that in future you will have the exact size and placing for each element!
We are delighted you joined us and I hope you will be able to visit some fellow entrants contributions!
See you next week!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful card Sue! It looks perfect to me and the coloring is awesome. I love the basket image. "Hugs" Carol

Jose said...

So glad to see you have joined us in 'Less is More' Sue, I love your card, and that sweet basket of flowers, excellent
Jose

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card! I think the sentiment looks fab! I have that image too, and nearly used it myself, it's such a pretty image.

Mandi said...

Hi Sue
your card is just beautiful, as is the colorijng, perfect shading
So glad you tried and liked the font tut, you will be font obsessed as us now!

Hope to see you agin and again
Thank you!
mandi
"LEss is More"

Jane said...

A Perfect card for spring x

Seafield Jo said...

This is a lovely card. The basket is coloured beautifully and I love the font used.

Stamps and Paper said...

A beautiful spring card.

Anne

Shirley-Anne said...

I love the colouring of the basket and flowers , Sue . And the little shading at bottom of basket . I like the lush ribbon too..

Sarn said...

This is a lovely card, really pretty. Thanks for dropping by my blog too!
Hugs, Sandra

Susan King said...

Beautiful card, I love the clean look of it. Sweet and simple, love it.

craftieodmae said...

Sue this is beautiful! Clean, sharp and catches your eye first thing!!! I love it.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It's lovely, just right.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This absolutely stunning Sue.... beautiful my friend!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful springy card, Sue! The coloring is awesome but the softness of that bow really sets things off!

Deborah Frings said...

Sue - I love the basket of flowers - so very pretty! The sentiment looks great. Takes a while to play though :)

Susan said...

Sue, the card looks great...and I love the added ribbon on the side. When I'm printing on my card, I usually print it where I think it should go on plain white paper, then lightly adhere my card to the paper to get it aligned where I want it and then reprint with the card attached to the paper. You do have to use a repositional glue or you'll mess up the inside of the card. Hope this helps. Hugs! Susan

Maureen said...

A really pretty card and well done with the font!!

Kylie said...

AWESOME work Sue! I wish my printer would take the thicker cardstock, it struggles with SU! Whisper White lol and I love the idea of printing the sentiment straight onto the card base instead of having to die cut it lol!
Love your little floral basket too and your colouring is lovely and I simply love that gorgeous ribbon too!

Take care and I hope your feeling better, Hugs, Kylie X

Kerrie said...

Wow you are too clever... very pretty!

Diane said...

Beautiful card, I also experimented for the first time with the text box word art, I need more practice but yours has come out beautifully...very stylish!
Diane x

massofhair said...

Yes it's me the English Girl! Amazed you recognised me... Do you attend the PI classes are are you in one of the Yahoo groups with a CE?

Your card is exquisite, must have taken you ages to colour all the flowers and basket. Not tried the sentiment in Word just yet though. Take Care:-)

Lynne said...

Super card. Very pretty image, coloured beautifully.
Lynne xxx

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Now this is pretty. I love your simple cards, they have such a beauty about them.