Thursday 17 February 2011

Designing D.I.V.A.S - OBG Blog Hop





Hello Blogging Buddies! 

 Regulars to my blog would have noticed the Designing D.I.V.A.S. badge in the right side bar. This is a fabulous creative group on Facebook.  Each month they hold a Blog Hop called OBG (oldies, but goodies).  This is the second hop and the idea is to go through our "stash" and pull out our "old" stamps and supplies and use them on a project.  So here goes......

If you're following the Hop and  arrived here from  Sue's   blog, then you are in the right place.  If not, you may want to go back to the lovely Brenda's Blog as she started the hop today.   


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


For my card today I pulled out one of my Stampin Up wood mounted stamps 'Upsy Daisy'......I used this set so much when it first arrived, but it hasn't seen ink for a while......until now!






I've stamped the image using two colours of VersaColor, Lagoon Blue and Celadon  onto SU Whisper White card.
My 5" card base is from a piece of LSS card from my coloured card 'stash' and is followed by a layer of Whisper White.
The rest of the card used  is  digitally printed  in shades of Ocean Blue/White.


I've added plain and zig zagged machine stitching for interest.  Pure white seam binding, tied across the centre and in a bow to the side.






The stamped panel has been popped up on foam dots with two AnnaBelle Stamps Sprinkles in a colour to match the Lagoon Blue.






It just needed a little something else .... preferably old or unused  to finish, so I added opposite corner detail by punching two Cuttlebug Vintage Corners........I had to hunt around for these, it's been so long!


Thanks for dropping by today, why not go dig out an old set and have a play!  
 Hmm.... think I'll leave this stamp on my desk for a while.......watch this space!


OK, next stop on your journey is to the fabulous blog of 
 Barbara Wibel .........have fun I'll be joining the hop later on, as this goes up at 2am - 17th here in Sydney!!!



Photobucket

33 comments:

Melissa said...

Gorgeous card Sue! I love all of the details and that stitching is beautiful! Thanks for playing along.

Maria Matter said...

oh, this is lovely Tillymint! love the blues and your pretty stitching!
hugs & blessings

The Other Patti Sue said...

OH MY GF! This is stunning! Love all the panels and extra elements... so very pretty!

craftieodmae said...

Oh WOW!!! Sue this is out of this world! Gorgeous! I just keep looking at it..........LOVE it!

Auntie Em said...

Love your card! The blues are perfect and that is an awesome stamp. I like the die cut corners too...Definitely worth digging out!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

So beautiful. Love the softness the circle adds to the card and that you used SU products. Happy Blog Hopping!

Kirei na Kami said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the soft, serene colors...it just oozes with warmth and the beauty of springtime. A stunning work of heART!

Barbara said...

Sue, this is absolutely stunning! So many beautiful details to look at, my eye just keeps searching for more! Your stitching is perfect and the sketch is very effective. I think I might have this stamp collecting dust somewhere, too!

Jose said...

Lovely card Sue, and that circular zig-zag stitching makes it even more wonderful
Jose

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your beautiful card- yipee- another 'former' sewer that makes use of her machine on cards! Beautiful accent with your stitching!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful! I love the zigzag stitching in a circle! I had forgotten about my Cuttlebug vintage corners, I used to use them all the time.

Angie Williams said...

Love all that stitching and the soft colors! Beautiful!

Carmen O. said...

What a gorgeous card! I love all the sewing and those vintage corners are fabulous. Fabulous work!

Chrissy D said...

OH what a beauty! Love this set and your papers and that BOW! Have a wonderful day! Thank you for sharing with me!

Linda Anderson said...

It's so fun to see what oldies but goodies everyone is using for the hop!!!! And oh my, I have this set too, and it's buried somewhere. Maybe I'll pull it out next month. Your card is stunning!!! I love it!

Linda

jkreucher said...

OMgosh! What a beautiful design! I had to have this set too.. and it hasn't seen much ink lately!
thanks for the inspiration!
Judy

Mary G. said...

Sue, this is SO pretty! Great layout, too! I have that set and don't use it enough. Thanks for the inspiration!

Deb said...

How beautiful! I, too, loved this stamp when it first came out! Love your beautiful stitching and all the peaceful shades of blue! Very tranquil and restful, which is so welcome in the midst of today's hectic pace!

Sharri said...

Beautiful card Sue! I love the design, colors, stitching...I love it all!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Wow TillySue this is so beautiful. I love your layout and stitching. You say wood mounted and I think...what? Hee...I use clear so much. Ha. Thank you so much for the blog award. After the hop I will pick that up and share. Thanks so much. Hope your cold is short in duration. Poor thing. (sniff...a sympathy sniffle. Hee)

Cindy said...

Tillymint?? Cute name Sue!!
I love the card!! I wish I could work up the courage to use my sewing machine!! I even have one specially for cards!!
Anyway, awesome sewing and colors!!

Unknown said...

Oh how beautiful, Sue! I really like your layout and the colors you used as well as that stamp set. I always enjoy seeing what you're up to, sweet friend!

The Wired Angel said...

This is lovely, Sue.. great layout design you created. I sure wish I could sew like that! Hugs, Peggy x

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Sue . Love those vintage corners ..have to find some ... Love the silhouette image too.

okienurse said...

Cute card! Thanks for sharing

Vicki said...

Oh, Sue! The colors in this card are so pretty! Awesome job! So glad we can share this DIVA fun! Blessings to you!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

What a beautiful card, Sue. That stitched circle is a great touch.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful stitching and shades of blue, Sue!

Unknown said...

This is one of my most fav SU sets too. Never can get sick of it. Great job on your card!!

Brenda said...

So beautiful Sue! Very cool how you did the sewing around a circle!
Awesome card my friend.

Gina Lindsay said...

First off, I love that mix of blues, great colors. I really like that image too. It's funny, I pull out my oldies to participate in this blog hop, but almost every blog reminds me of something that I have too that hasn't see a lot of love lately. Great card!

Sarn said...

Ooh, this is lovely. Great layout. FAB.
Hugs, Sandra

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hi there...thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I love this card- the texture and layering is wonderful, and the stitching adds such a nice finish!