Monday 28 February 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #36






Hello, back on safe ground again today with my card for the Waltzingmouse Sketch #36. 
Interesting sketch don't you think?   I've flipped it for my card,  it's OK that's allowed!




The pretty blossom from Asian Garden features on the front of my card. Stamped in SU close to cocoa and blushing bride directly ove the DP which is from Kaisercraft English Rose 6 x6 collection.
Three of the larger blossoms stamped to a scrap of pink card and cut with a small circle Spellbinder die. The middle one I cut out and popped up over some pale tan card.  A sentiment from the set stamped off to the left before this layer was machine stitched to more of the pale tan card.
To finish off I added tiny pale pink gems from AnnaBelle Stamps to the centre of the large blossoms and a few of the smaller ones.

This card is on it's way to the UK to cheer up my Aunt who has to stay in hospital for a while.
Back soon with a quick Digital card from Pink Petticoat. Hope to see you then....
Photobucket

Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse: Asian Gardens.
Card:  LSS pink ribbed, American Craft Pale tan, Kisercraft English Rose Collection 6 x6 paper pad.
Ink: S U close to cocoa, blushing bride.
Embellishments: AnnaBelle Stamps pale pink gems.
Equipment: Spellbinder circle dies, sewing machine.

21 comments:

Shirley-Anne said...

Some times sketches stump me but thanks for tip to turn it around , now that might help me join some sketch challenges.
This is such a pretty card Sue . Love the sprig of blossoms .

Pauline said...

Beautiful Sue, I was going to use those blossoms in the same way...I may use the birdcage instead lol! Love the DP, it's so pretty, a stunning creation. xx

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is beautiful Sue and sure to uplift anyone who might be feeling under-the-weather. Love your little trio of flowers and the special way you popped up the center one. Fantastic job and thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week!

craftieodmae said...

sue this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Simple yet so elegant!!!! Who could stay sick once they received this beauty?

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card...love the soft colors and how you used the sketch. This card will cheer up your aunt.

Patti P. said...

Sue, this is beautiful. I love the soft colors and the images are perfect with that dp. Great sketch challenge this week. Tfs

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Sue! Love the soft and serene color combo and what a fabulous way to showcase the WM Asian Gardens stamps! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :)

Kym Weber said...

How beautiful! Love the softness and serene of your card! Wonderful sewing!

Hugs,
~Kym~

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Sue... this is stunning! Lovin your soft color pallet!

LaurieJ said...

Oh my, what an absolutely lovely card, Sue!. Stamping directly on the DP gives the card such texture - it almost looks like fabric. I love it! Asian Gardens is such a wonderful set, isn't it?

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is such a pretty card, Sue! I love the little gems in the flowers! Great job!

Deborah Frings said...

This is so pretty Sue - I'm sure your Aunt will love it. I adore the Asian Garden set - and it works so well with the backing paper. Lovely!

CathyC said...

lovely card Sue!
very elegant ;-)

Monique said...

I am sorry too hear about your Aunt being in the hospital but this will sure to cheer her up:)..Pretty card Sue and great take on the sketch !!

Julia Aston said...

Nice job with the sketch Sue! I just love this Asian Garden branch and the flowers - super colors too!

Betty Benton said...

You've made a beautiful card for you aunt -- hope she will soon be doing better!

Lorraine said...

Blowing a gale also here Sue. Gorgeous card very elegant.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty!

Jose said...

Gorgeous card Sue, and I am sure it will cheer your Aunt up.

Jen Adcock said...

I do love a pretty blossom and I am lucky enough to score three biggies and a whole lot more! I love the calmness and serenity of this card. Well done!

Lenet said...

Beautiful, Love the soft colors. Thanks for joining us at WMSC