Sunday 20 February 2011

Chalk anyone?




Hello....hows everyone?

Any plans for your week-end?  Hope the weather is good for you. Here we had a warm Saturday, too warm for me with a head like a forty shilling pot!!! My cold is moving along nicely no more head in a tissue all day....... Well that's not quite right I still need the tissues .... I just cough my heart out!
OK, OK, no-one likes to hear me whinge right! I'll just get on and show you a quick card.

I needed a Sympathy card so I turned to an old GKD set and this beautiful Orchid image.





I've stamped the orchid in Memento London Fog onto a scrap of X-Press It blending card and.... inspired by  Susan Raihala's card here I've just used some chalk to lightly colour parts of the flower.  It's so subtle not sure you'll see it in the photo unless you make the picture larger!

All other supplies used for this card are from GKD.

My card Base is PL, pure white with a layer of Vibrant Violet.
I've dry embossed some Lovely Lavender card using a Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder.
Next comes a band of Swiss dots embossed Fresh Asparagus card with some Violet gross grain ribbon wrapped around.
The image has been cut and embossed with a Spellbinder Labels 4 die before being popped up over the green/violet band with foam dots.
My sentiment was cut with the smallest label from the set and to complete the card I added three small half pearls.

This really was a quick card to make and I like the light chalk colouring.....might have to try some more...

Thanks for dropping by, enjoy your week end............


Photobucket

10 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful card Sue! It's so delicate and those colors together are awesome. Perfect sympathy card! "Hugs" Carol

Lorraine said...

Hope you feel better Sue. Beautiful card.

Susan King said...

Beautiful card, very elegant looking. I love it. Glad you are feeling a little better, sounds like you have the cold or flu that I just got over.

craftieodmae said...

Hate making sympathy cards, but some times we do need to. This is beautiful, perfect, the image and colors!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a beautiful work of art! Sorry to hear you needed a sympathy card )0; Hope you feel better soon GF!

Sally H said...

This is so elegant. What a beautiful stamp!

Sarn said...

Very pretty.
Hugs, Sandra

Joan said...

A very elegant card, love the subtle colouring, think I might have to get my chalks out ! Thanks for nice comment on my blog, I will have to try using my camera..

Susan Hogan said...

Lovely card - hope the cold is mending! It's a shocker that one!

Kylie said...

Beautiful card Sue!