Thursday 24 February 2011

Two cards from me today!!!





I had a great time with my Waltzingmouse stamps and checking the forum noticed that Lynn has a new challenge running from now through till Christmas!!!  Each month she sets the challenge theme,  to make a Christmas card.  Her idea is that we make multiples so when December comes around we've got a stash of cards ready to go.  Sounds good to me!

Per usual, I'm playing catch-up and have both January and February's cards here quick before March arrives!

January's challenge was to make a card using a re-purchased (recycled) Christmas item.  Not hard when most of us paper crafter's keep little bits and pieces 'that just might come in handy'!  Like a pretty red flocked holly Christmas card.........I loved this card so that was my starting point.  (Note to self: in future take a before picture....tut).


I used the Cuttlebug to emboss the card front using the Swiss dots embossing folder.........It didn't matter that the dots didn't go all the way to the end.  My strip of  holly paper with some matching satin ribbon wrapped round, covered this.
I used the tag from 'Very Vintage Christmas' stamped in Poppy Parade and cut using a Spellbinder die for my focal point, mounted over some matching red card.  The sentiment from the same set was stamped on whisper white and cut with a small oval die then mounted to a larger die cut oval of gold card. This sits over the tag on foam tape.  To finish, I added a bow in the same red satin ribbon.


February's challenge was to use whatever was on the work desk to make a Christmas Card!!!

OK, so it's a well known fact that I'm a neat freak! It comes from working in confined spaces... I think!
I did have a couple of odd scraps of white card out and one of my  ribbon boxes...... oh and the Swiss dots embossing folder.....hope that counts!



The base of this card is Kraft. A layer of  Kaisercraft 'Tis The Season' 6 x 6 paper that I ran through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss dots embossing folder was next.  Opposite corners have been rounded on both this and the Kraft base.

Stamp set of choice is 'Nutcracker Sweet' I've used one of the small round stamps.
I stamped this twice  the red outer ring was stamped in Poppy Parade with the centre masked.
Then I stamped the entire image again on another piece of card in Tuxedo Black, cutting the centre free with a small circle die.  This was popped up over the red outer ring with foam dots.

Spellbinders Fancy Tags cut from a scrap of red card  was next and I wrapped some twill ribbon around the dp, threading it behind the tag and tying it off to the left side.  Three AnnaBelle Cherry Sprinkles  complete this one.

Wow, two more Christmas cards ready, I just need to find a sensible place to keep them safe until December!

Thanks for calling past today.......It's my Birthday, so why not leave me a message to let me know you dropped by.  I'll be back Friday with AnnaBelle Stamps sketch Challenge for March, hope you'll be able to call back.......

Photobucket

17 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Happy Birthday to you! I always forget you are a day ahead of us (0; I would have missed it LOL! Beautiful cards GF... really love the one with the red holly!

Deborah Frings said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Hope you have a simply lovely day.

I love both the cards you've made for the WM Christmas challenge - lots of fun! I think the red holly one is my, marginal, favourite.

Take care, Deborah xx

Auntie Em said...

Hope you are having a great birthday!
Love the recycled card in red and white...Another reason to not throw out those old greeting cards I have been hoarding! :D The kraft paper card is great too! Really suits the stamped image!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Kerrie said...

Love both your cards, good to get a start..... happy birthday!

Selma said...

Happy Birthday Sue. Hope you had a very special day. Both your cards are so pretty but I really love the first one.

Susan Hogan said...

HBTU, HBTU, HBTU dear Sue, HBTU!

Hope its a good one! Wonderful cards - you amaze me with your ingenuity.

redwasher1 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE!!!!! Hope you have a fabulous one!! Your cards are stunning and perfect way to start getting Christmas cards ready for the next year.

Jose said...

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' and hope you have a super day.
2 gorgeous cards Sue, and I can just see you feeling that red holly card when you received it and the thoughts that were going through your mind as to how you would use it after Christmas :) you made an excellent job of the card.
Jose x

craftieodmae said...

Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a fantastic day with all your wishes coming your way!!! Both cards are beautiful!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Have a sweet birthday, Sue Rose! Hope my card is not too extremely late! Love these Christmas cards!

Shirley-Anne said...

Both cards are awesome . Great colours and layouts .

Shirley-Anne said...

oops clicked too soon ...meant to wish you a happy HAPPY Birthday . Hope your day was special.in every way .

Theresa's Studio said...

Happy Birthday, Sue!! Hope your special day is wonderful. Making a note to myself so maybe next year, I'll send a card in the mail. Love both the Christmas cards.

CraftieConnie said...

Happy Birthday Dearest Sue, may all your dreams come true and the year be filled with love and joy and good health!!! xoxoxo

CraftinGranny said...

HB to you, HB to you, HB dear Sue, HB to you.....Believe me this is better than me singing to you....LOL Hope your day is extra special.

Love the cards and the Christmas one is so fitting. It's snowing like crazy here with cold winds and winter again. Nothing like going from 74 to 24 in 24 hours....LOL At least it won't last long.
"Hugs" Carol

G Peplow said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Sue, many happy returns:0)
I love your wonderful Christmas cards, I've had my eye on that stamp set for a while, simply gorgeous, have fun:0) xxx

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Okay, both are stunners, but I am in love with the top one, so striking!