Wednesday 23 February 2011

Oh My! - WMSC35


Yesterday I had time to sit and ink up some of my Waltzingmouse Stamps.....I haven't played in the challenges for a long time and this week WMSC35 is  a star!!!!
Oh good I have one of those saved to the PI so no messing around today right into it!



I also had some  Pink Petticoats paper printed and ready to go. My base card of cream was given two layers, one of plain blue and the second with this subtle pattern.  Machine stitching added a little interest around the star shape.

For the  centre image I've stamped the pretty circle stamp from Vintage Labels 2 followed by one of the tiny accent stamps from Victorian Frippery, stamped four times to fill the centre.  Cut with a Spellbinder die, this is matted to some more of the blue card and popped up on foam dots.

The sentiment, also from Victorian Frippery  was stamped in the same VersaColor  60 Celadon before it too was die cut using a Spellbinder label die.  Now for the fun bit ......layering a handmade lace flower, a scrunched seam binding bow, a smaller PI cut star with the sentiment and a blue button attached.  All tied together with some linen thread.......ahhh ......that's the Tillymint version of Shabby Chic !!!
To finish off I added an AnnaBelle Stamps waterfall Sprinkle to the very centre of the card.

Hope you like..........



Photobucket




Edit:
Whilst I sat making this little card......Christchurch, New Zealand suffered another terrible earthquake with many buildings destroyed and sadly  lives lost.  The news during the evening showed terrible scenes, I'm not sure how people walked away from some of those buildings. 
Ian and I had such a wonderful holiday on the South Island of New Zealand.  Spending  quite a  few days enjoying Christchurch.  I cried when I saw the Cathedral........so sad!
My heart goes out to the people of Christchurch and all those who lost loved ones, homes and belongings.
I can't remember such a terrible start to a year as this has been.......... 

18 comments:

Monique said...

Fantastic take on the sketch Sue... Love your stitching , big bow and a touch of lace.. :)

Pauline said...

A beautiful card, lovely and soft. Shocking news and tragic too, and as you say a terrible start to the year for the southern hemisphere.

Patti J said...

Very nice! You rocked that star, Sue!!! Beautiful colors and ribbon. It's just perfect! I have not done any challenges for a while, so yesterday I sat down, created a card for my niece, intending to enter it in a challenge. I forgot to! lol...Posted it to the blog, not the challenge - I'm so silly! Great job on your challenge!

Sharon said...

Awww Sue, your little star is just perfect!

This latest news is heartbreaking. My thoughts go out to all who are suffering due to this latest tragedy. What is happening to this world. :(

Robyn said...

Oh My! I LOVE the "Tillymint" version of shabby chic! What perfect stitching!!

Auntie Em said...

I just watched the news about NZand what a terrible tragedy! So many lost and wounded. Prayers to the families who are affected.

Your card is so pretty. I love the soft colours and pretty embellishments.

Thank you for sharing.

The Other Patti Sue said...

I too was blown away by that terrible catastrophe. It truly is amazing people walked away! I do love your star though... it's a beauty!

Susan Hogan said...

Love the card Sue - wonderful. Yes, I am afraid my mojo has fled completely as a result of the news from NZ. We too have enjoyed a holiday in that fabulous city - just looking through the album of photos this morning and recalling the visit - what a mess. My heart is breaking and the scenes of heroism and destruction reduced me to tears many times yesterday. I agree - what a terrible start to 2011. We are blessed to live in little old Tassie and DH and I know it!

marilynprestonn said...

Awesome project! Love the beautiful star you taylored with your special touch. The light blue is beautiful. :)Peggy

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is really beautiful...lovely colors and the stitching and bling add so much to this wonderful project. Great job with the sketch challenge.

Kerrie said...

Love the star, and your shabby chic arrangement!

Jose said...

Love your star card Sue, and what fantastic stitching you have done, its a card to be proud of!
Jose x

craftieodmae said...

WOW! This is jsut gorgeous!!!! You out did your self !

Deborah Frings said...

I adore this pretty blue star - Oh my!! It's fab!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sue! Love the sweet tag! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

Just gorgeous Sue, I love all the soft details, way to go you! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Alice said...

this is soooo pretty! gorgeous work! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wow. Awesome. Stunning. Love it.