Thursday 20 January 2011

All Things Grow - CR84FN11



I've been itching to have a play with Mona's Challenge......Look at the inspirational picture...It has all the little things I love, stitching, cottons, ribbons and tapes yum!




I couldn't resist using the January released set All Things Grow, from AnnaBelle Stamps. The elegant grasses and pretty butterflies are lovely to stamp.

I've added one of my crocheted ecru five petal flowers and instead of cutting off the end I wrapped it around the scalloped card.......love how that looks!
Some sponging, distressing and a double stamped butterfly popped up on some foam and I have another Birthday card ready for this year........whoopee!!

Photobucket

Supplies:
Card: SU Whisper White, Poppy Parade and Kraft, American Crafts Chocolate. Dp Kaisercraft Tis The Season Collection 6x6 paper pad.
Stamp: AnnaBelle Stamps All Things Grow.
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip, Memento Desert Sand.
Embellishments: Crocheted five petal flower and button from my stash.
Equipment: Pazzles Inspiration Cutter for the scalloped border.

21 comments:

Betty Benton said...

You've made a gorgeous birthday card here, Sue! I can't wait to get my All Things Grow stamp set from Annabelle's -- it was posted today!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Sue! Love the butterfly fluttering about the cat tails and the crocheted flower is darling! Great take on this week's colors - thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Andrea M said...

Oh my goodness Sue!!! Love this card :) The crocheted flower is fantastic and I love that you wrapped the ends around the card!!! What a great idea! Fantastic use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN! We appreciate your support!

Heather Rogers said...

Beautfiul card. Love the grass and pretty butterfly. Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN! :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Sue, this is lovely! The crocheted flower is lovely, and I love that damask DP. Thanks for playing with CR84FN this week :)

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Sue hope you saw that I have used some of the flowers you sent me .They are beautiful and add a wonderful touch to your creation here. your card is a delight and I love the huge centre of your flower here. And i love the sentiment tag too.

Deborah Frings said...

I recognise that pretty crocheted flower. I really like this card; great papers and the greeting tag is just fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

craftieodmae said...

Sue you never cease to amaze me, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Sue said...

this is gorgeous Sue, you have showcased this set brilliantly!! :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is one beautiful work of art GF! Love all the awesome elements you've added! Your flower is the perfect embellie!

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card...love that crochet flower and how you used it. Just Great!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

This is so pretty. Such a wonderful way to combine paper with stamping.

CraftieConnie said...

What an adorable card, lucky the person who gets it, Sue!

Sue Lelli said...

Sue, I'm so GLAD you said how you tied the end of the flower around your scallop or I would have missed that FAB detail! Such a BEAUTIFUL card! THX for playing with us this week at CR84FN!

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Sue, love the colors!
hugs & blessings!

Cheryl said...

I love this! Great design!

CraftinGranny said...

Beautifully done Sue. Love those crocheted flowers. Awesome card! "Hugs" Carol

Dawn B. said...

This IS beautiful.. I love how you left your tail on your flower and added it around your card.. VERY clever.. Gives your card great division..

Unknown said...

Lovely birthday card, Sue! Love the double butterfly and crocheted flower! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Andrea said...

This is just gorgeous Sue!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Silhouette Stamps, Butterfly, Texture Flower, Scallops and Dots.... the list of my faves goes one, totally love this one, sigh!