Saturday 29 January 2011

A Challenge - Merci!




Hello Blogger's,

Well it started a bit cooler here today..... ahead of another hot day tomorrow!
Yesterday I downloaded some digital paper from Pink Petticoat a fabulous on-line store in Cornwall, UK. 
I've been a frequent visitor but for the first time I actually made a purchase! 
Love all the paper they have but the download in my area is pretty slow and takes a huge part of my monthly download limit........Painful!
  They will make up CD's and DVD's for their UK customers only though, so am working on how I could make that work for me!

Inspired by the cream polka dot I  printed  onto some SU whisper white card I made the following card:


This card was made for the Flourish CAS challenge at SCS. This label is from an Inkadinkado Clear Stamps set I've owned for a while and never used!


Brenda's Clean and Simple Sunday Challenge #5 was the layout I used.

I cut some whisper white card using the PI for the curly shape.
Stamped the label and a sentiment (Waltzingmouse) in SU close to cocoa.
Then sponged with Versa Color sand beige.

Using strong tape I pleated some cream seam binding over the DP and the label sits over this popped up with foam dots.
To complete the card I added some AnnaBelle Stamps Sprinkles


OK off for a swim, the sun came out around lunch time and it's quite warm now.
Hope you're all ready for a relaxing week end.
See you soon.



Photobucket

11 comments:

Robyn said...

Absolutely beautiful Sue!! Love it!!

Betty Benton said...

Lovely card -- wish I were swimming with you!

Kylie said...

WOW Sue,
A truly GORGEOUS card! I love Pink Petticoat papers too and I so love your colour scheme and your touch of sprinkles!

Take Care,
Hugs,
Kylie X

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the background paper . That label is quite elegant with the sponged edges and flourishy sentiment .

Sue said...

Filled with CAS elegance, well worth dusting off that set and the download for the stunning paper-oh dots!! :)

craftieodmae said...

oh to be hot enough to go swimming LOL, your card is beautiful!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a beauty Sue! Simply elegant! Enjoy your swim... So jealous!

Brenda Dean said...

This is beautiful. Love it!


Thank you for playing my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.

Deborah Frings said...

Sue - this is so elegant - love the merci stamp! Pink Petticoat is a favourite of mine too!

CraftinGranny said...

This is one gorgeous CAS card Sue. Digi papers are fantastic and I love them. I'll have to check that site out. Thanks a bunch! "Hugs" Carol

Selma said...

This is a gorgeous CAS card. The paper and the stamp are both beautiful.