Saturday 1 January 2011

OLW # 34.....2nd post but 1st card for 2011

I remember my Mum saying that however you start the New Year is how it will continue. With this in mind I try to get organised so that Jan. 1 is an easy day.  Today we spent some time in the pool, had a nice lunch together. I started a list of  blog challenges to try and spent more time in the pool.......it's another warm day here today.

I really missed the One Layer Wednesday challenge on the run up to Christmas so caught up with this weeks challenge (OLW34) and made a card to play along.  

Hope you're enjoying a relaxing day....



OK......I re-read the brief for this challenge and my card would not qualify so I've re-worked it........that's a good start to the year now isn't it!!!!!

I think my second card works!    Sorry Jennifer....too much Christmas cheer! 



Supplies:
Card: Textured white from LSS
Stamps: Image - Stemmed Flowers from Annabelle Stamps. Sentiment - Frame It from Waltzingmouse
Ink: SU Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride. (or not in the 2nd one - Memento Tuxedo black)

Photobucket

7 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

You sound like you're having a great day - very relaxing!! I like both cards!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both cards are beautiful Sue! I like the one with the flowers the bestest! What a wonderful way to start the new year... in the pool and relaxing... yay you!

Nicole P. said...

Your first card is very pretty, but the second one is hilarious!! I love it. :)

Brenda said...

What a wonderful way to start the new year hanging out at the pool and creating such beautiful cards.

Happy New Year Sue!!!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great way to start 2011...hanging out at the pool and making cards! Like both of the designs ...Have a fun week!

CraftinGranny said...

Oh, you are too funny! Great one layer cards and something I don't think I'd be comfortable doing but who knows, it looks like it would be pretty fast and easy.

Glad you are starting the new year off rested. Gonna be a good year! "Hugs" Carol

Jennifer Styles said...

Very pretty and I like them both!

Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW34!