Wednesday 27 March 2013

Birthday Balloons




Today's Uniko Studio card is for the Retro Sketch challenge #56.



During my last trip to Sydney I met  a lovely lady who shared her Art Journal with me.  She introduced me to dylusions ink sprays, amongst other things! I couldn't resist adding  a 'couple' to my stash :).





This card is made from a thick, textured watercolour card.
The lime polka dot strip is one of the pieces I've sprayed using sequin waste as a mask.  What you can't see in the photo is the sparkle added by spritzing first with a mix of water and PearlEx......pretty!

The images and sentiments are from Uniko Studio Stamps: Label Love: Birthday. All stamped and cut by hand to add to the card front.  Fine twine, and buttons are from AnnaBelle Stamps.

I have one more post before Easter with the last of the cards I made using Uniko Studio Stamps, hope you'll call past to check them out.
Photobucket
Products Used:

Uniko Studio Stamps: Label Love : Birthday
Dylusions ink Spray: Fresh Lime
Pearl Ex : Pearl White.
Inks: VersaColor: Lilac,  VersaFine Onyx Black.
Other: AnnaBelle Stamps: Fine Hemp twine, Lime buttons.

8 comments:

lostinpaper said...

What a fun bright cheery card Sue. Looks like you had a blast playing with your new goodies.

Anonymous said...

Very bright. These colours go together well. TFS.

Beverley said...

LOVE the neon against the pastel purple! FAB! Looking forward to seeing the last of your Uniko Studio stamp focus :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Super fun card, Sue - I had heard that fluorescent colors were coming back! Thanks so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

Janelle said...

That neon green is sharp enough to knock an eye out! :-D It looks great with the pink for a vibrant and fun card. You'll have to do more with the Dylusions and show us how they go!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

You need a sunglasses warning on this!

Stacey Schafer said...

what amazing color on this one, Sue! those mists have a fabulous effect!

Taheerah said...

Um, this is just blindingly amazing!! *Love* your bright sprayed background - this card alone is enough to make me want to get those sprays and try them out!!