Saturday 17 January 2015

Birthday Balloons..........

Hello again,

Here we go, another of my designs using the Cameo.  I really enjoy the design process with the studio software.



The challenge for me with this card was to create the frame with the Enjoy sentiment strip over the bottom , but to also carry the balloon strings beneath the sentiment banner. 

The balloons are made up of an oval with a fine outline. A small circle, a triangle and a tall thin rectangle.

The frame is a rectangle with a slim outline which is then sized to fit the card front. Once done the frame is made into a compound cut, which means the centre is cut away.

The 'Enjoy' sentiment was typed in my font choice and centred into another rectangle .

It took me a while to work out in which order to add the different elements but basically it was just getting things in the right order. It cut perfectly in one piece ready to add to my card front.

I also made a copy of just the balloons to cut twice more for the coloured infills 

Once the piece was cut I adhered it to a lavender background then added the coloured infills.  To complete this card I added some glitter to the balloons.



The lovely Darnell has a fabulous challenge that she calls NBUS (never before used Schtuff) and as this is my first card using this new design of mine........I think it fits the bill!  




Darnell is also guest designing for CASology 129 with the chance of entering both challenges......well why not :)



Thanks for your visit today, 

 photo Signature_zpsba959cfc.png

5 comments:

lostinpaper said...

How clever, you obviously mastered this piece of machinery!

Lorraine's blog said...

My you have got to grips with your machine, this card is fabulous, well done working it all out. x

Anonymous said...

This looks fab. Can't wait to see more from you using this :)

Darnell said...

You really know how to work that machine, Sue! Your colorful balloon card is going to make some birthday person very happy! Thank you so much for linking to both the CASology challenge and my NBUS Challenge #3! It's been a wonderful collaboration this week! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue! Your card is so pretty. I want to start using my cutting machine more often. I love your clean cuts. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.