Thursday 15 January 2015

Scrolls and Flourishes in Shades of Blue.



Hello, hello,

I think I should explain, the majority of my stamps have been packed away in boxes, ready for 'The Move'.  The said 'Move' should have been a little further advanced but Christmas rather threw a spanner in the works!  Real Estate agents and Solicitors take annual leave and everything seems to grind to a halt.  We hope this coming week should see everything  pick up...fingers crossed.

Thank goodness for my new Cameo.  So many features to explore and get used to.  Lots of these latest projects will be made using this fabulous machine. Then maybe back to using some digital images and my colouring pens.........bliss.

My share today uses a graphic by Cocoa Mint that I downloaded from Creative Market .  Once I had it on my computer I merged it into a studio file,  then using the trace feature traced the design for cutting.  To complete the cut file I added a rectangle cut around the design, rounding the four corners.



I've popped the cut card up on foam tabs over a layer of navy card.  The Celebrate cut is from the SIL store and I cut min e out from $ store thin glitter paper (which cut very easily).




Some enamel dots add a little extra embellishment for what I'm thinking is my first Male card for 2015!


It's good to see you here today, thanks for calling past :)




8 comments:

Darnell said...

Hi Sue, What a delight to have you come and visit the other day! We haven't seen each other for far too long! I want to wish you the best of luck with your move and I hope it goes smoothly now that the holidays are behind us!

Your card is fantastic! What a great design!! You will have fun getting to know your new Cameo! And, speaking of NEW, isn't this a new cut file or perhaps something new has been used? Just a hint that my NBUS Challenge is still going on for another week in case you get a chance to play! I hope to see you again soon! Hugs, Darnell

Linda Langes said...

Sue it's gorgeous. Anything with flourishes and glitter has gotta be good in my book! Xx

Brenda said...

Hi Sue, your card is lovely! I love the simple yet elegant design. So cool that you got a Cameo, I have been wanting one for some time. I hope you new year is off to a great start and that your move goes well.
Hugs,
Brenda

Aileen said...

Sue, love this card, I have a new silhouette portrait or at least still new to me in understanding what the hell I am doing. Love the outline cut and the word. What a beautiful blue colour.

lostinpaper said...

So my guess is that the Cameo is going with you? What a clever and elegant card Sue!

Gillian R said...

Very pretty and elegant

craftieodmae said...

Sue this is absolutely a gorgeous elegant card!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great card. While your stamps are packed away you will become an expert with the cameo :)