Thursday 8 January 2015

Variations on a theme, kraft tags.



Hello, hello,

I've been playing some with the Cameo, which is great but oh how the time flies once you start.  I'm hoping I'll get a little quicker once I've got my head around all that this machine can do.

Today, I've made a series of tags using the sketch pens. I imported a  png/jpg file from the Creative Market which contained a bunch of pen drawings,  including wreaths and borders.  I picked one of the wreaths, then using the trace feature in Studio added this to a Silhouette Studio file tag.


I used a white sketch pen to draw the wreath and in some my initial.  In others I cut my initial from plain white card.

I think I prefer the ones with the white cut initial. Perhaps I would feel different if I'd used a black pen....just saying......mind you, I love white on kraft :)



These top tags measure 2 inches wide by 3-¾ inches tall.  I've finished with some of Annabelle's lovely fine twine.


Now these tags, that measure a little larger, use the sketch pens to outline my tags then the initial.  Or for something a bit different add a box using the sketch pens and a cut out initial......actually that box outline was a mistake so I had to cut a larger initial......but don't tell ah!!!


This last one  uses the sketch pen to outline the tag, plus this sweet image which is a print and cut image from the Silhouette Store.  (I've had this printed and cut since I first got my machine) The 'hello' sentiment and heart are from the stamp set pictured (Design it Yourself from Simple Stories) and stamped in Colorbox white ink. I might just use this one as a card topper.

The boss thinks we have to go and buy presents now, just so I can use these.........funny man!

 photo Signature_zpsba959cfc.png

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Sue! Happy New Year to you and the boyfriend! Your tags are lovely and isn't that Annabelle twine delish? Should have got me some of that while I could!

Susan Hogan said...

Happy New Year Sue - lovely tags. If the boss says go and buy presents, who are you to argue!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tags. Love the girl image/cut file. A silhouette looks like the "must have" - all the wonderful projects you can do :)

Kylie said...

Love your tags, Sue and I too love white on Craft! I've had my cameo for years now and been too scared to try print and cut and using the trace, sketch feature but you have so inspired me lol! Best wishing for 2015 and thanks for the inspiration!
Take care, hugs,
Kylie x

Juls said...

Fabulous :-) xx

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your tags! I too find myself playing with the Cameo....I was just using the sketch pens this week...have had for awhile. Love that I can write anything to fit my cards. Hugs!