Monday 19 January 2015

Floral Alpha's and the Silhouette


For a long time I've been collecting fonts, downloading them to my computer, installing some of them but not all.  I can't help myself, they are the same to me as  pretty papers and inks.  I occasionally add a computer generated sentiment to a project or card but now with the Cameo I can use my fonts to make cut files.  So far I've cut some small images from card to use with my Journals, December Daily etc.




I've put an order in for some Vinyl and can't wait to try some small pieces.  I'm thinking maybe some small monogrammed pieces for the new house.

A visit to MaritzaLisa's blog introduced me to a stunning vintage and eroded font from Iranian Designers Zahra and Amir that was featured here by Noor.  I followed the trail and downloaded a copy to play with.

I opened the images in Studio and used the trace feature to pick out the letters I wanted to work with.
Copied each to another file and sized them before sending them to the Cameo to cut.





I printed my first three letters at just 2 inches high for the capital 'S' and 1inch for the rest which made it the perfect size for the front of my notebook.






Next, I used some 3" tall letters to make cards, I love the B.  I added some twine and a few AnnaBelle's Sprinkles to complete the front of each.



I really like the idea of a set of notecards using my initial in this way.  I used a Flourishes stamped sentiment and a Copic black slim pen to draw the dashed lines.



I've added a reminder to cut the word 'Inspire' to attach to a pin board for my new craft room, what do you think?


Thanks for dropping past today, please go visit with MaritzaLisa  and follow the trail to this lovely font for yourself.  You could hand cut most of these if you're not a Cameo owner :)

* Edited to give the correct information and credits.
 photo Signature_zpsba959cfc.png

4 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Oh Wow Sue, these are amazing, looks like the world is your oyster now!

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous. Love the note card and notebook. Wonderful shapes too for your December daily. Thanks

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I love my Cameo too and I love your ideas for all the fonts! Great ideas.Although I haven't done anything with vinyl YET.

Maritza said...

They look awesome, Sue! Thanks for the shout-out! Just one small correction. The lovely Noor introduced me to the font, but she did not create it. Be sure to check her blog - she has a feature called Font Friday and always delivers a stunning font for us to admire :)