Sunday 4 January 2015

What is it about the colour purple.........

.....More about that further down.


Good Morning all,

It was morning when I started on this post.....but the boss wanted to sort his photos for 2014 which has taken quite some time :)

Week one of 2015 is almost over, though it was a short week really it's been a good one here.
I hope you've been able to relax in the post-Christmas glow rather than rush back to work.

Walshie and I have ENJOYED some lovely beach walks, making the most of the cool sea breezes.
We're taking photos again, using the FMS Photo A Day Challenge and hope to be able to keep on track.  So basically I've been enjoying the lull before the storm!

A friend sent me the following message to welcome in the new year and I thought I'd share it here.

ALL ABOARD .......

The boarding on flight 2015 has been announced....Your luggage should only contain the best souvenirs from 2014.... 
The bad and sad moments should be left in the garbage.... 
The duration of the flight will be 12 months so, tighten your seat belt the next stop-overs will be: Health, Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace.
The captain offers you the following menu which will be served during your flight....
A cocktail of Friendship  
A Supreme of Health
A Gratin of Prosperity
A bowl of Excellent news 
A Salad of Success
A Cake of Happiness
all accompanied by bursts of laughter.

Wishing all my family and friends  an enjoyable trip on board flight 2015.

Not bad ah.

Now a card to share today. Sorry about the pictures I always have trouble with shades of purple. These were taken on one of the days it rained all day, just after Boxing Day.




Oh dear, it's a shame to have a need for a Sympathy card this time of year but sadly I needed one.


I used a couple of the features on my Silhouette Cameo to produce this one. Print and Cut and my Sketch Pens to write the sentiment.......how cool is that.



The lovely flowers were a cut file shared by MaritzaLisa .  If you use a Cameo (or not) hers is a very inspiring blog to visit......promise.


I printed a set of the flowers to the card front and cut a second set to adhere over the top, adding some fine glitter to the centres.

It's good to see you here,  stop by the comments so I know you called past :-)

 photo Signature_zpsba959cfc.png

9 comments:

Linda Langes said...

Love the New Year "menu" and your sweet purple card Sue.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The photo a day challenge sounds like fun, Sue! Have a wonderful 2015, and I am ever so sorry that you needed a sympathy card, however lovely it is.

Kathyk said...

GR8 menu for 2015

Sorry to hear of your need for a sympathy card but this one is LUSH

Kathyk

Deborah Frings said...

Happy New Year to you Sue. I do like the New Year message (would you mind if I take a copy?). Sounds like you've had a lovely few days. The breezes around here are rather more than brisk :) Positively icy!!

Sorry you needed to make one, Sympathy cards are always so hard to make - this one is clean, simple and very elegant.

Maritza said...

Sue, I love your card's design and wish you a wonderful 2015!

lostinpaper said...

I adore purple but don't use it much in papercrafting because it's so difficult to get the shades just right, but yours is perfect Sue! HNY & make the most of the 'lull'!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year.
Love the "all aboard".
Great card - it is sad that you needed one.

Lorraine's blog said...

A super sympathy card, so fitting. Love it. xx

Susan Hogan said...

Great card even if for a sad reason. Life goes on.