Wednesday 1 July 2009

Sweet Iris...


Well hello again, glad to see you back here! Did you go collect your freebie Angus Argus????

I was so busy making cards over the week-end for the Stamp TV challenges four in total then the three digi stamp cards yesterday. I feel as though I'm cheating a bit this week with my posts. I've managed to stretch them out right through to Thursday!! Any of you Stamp TV stampers (and if you're not, why not!) will have seen these cards in the gallery over there and possibly SCS - sorry about that.
Today's card is probably my favourite from the challenges - made for Theresa Momber's 'Sketch it' challenge. Check Theresa's cards out here she is one very clever lady.


  • Stamp: Gina K Elegant Flowers
  • Coloured with Copic Markers
  • Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury Pure White, Soft pink craft card, DCWV Nana's Nursery Card stack.
  • SU Lace border Punch
  • Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder
  • Embellishments: Pale pink gross grain ribbon (from my sewing box) Antique brass charm.
Ivory card base was embossed with Swiss dots before the first element of candy strip and pale pink card were attached. I did pierce all four corners of the pale pink but this is something I'm not very good at. I'm thinking next time I might use the sewing machine without thread!!
I punched one edge of both the green spot and the pale pink for the horizontal strip to give me the double lace edge. Added the ribbon with the charm attached.
This Iris stamp is one I love to colour, I've used it a few times and coloured this time with pencils and baby oil. This was mounted to some of the pale pink with just the hint of a border showing, then attached to the card with foam tape.

Chit chat:
I had a fun afternoon yesterday, one of my sewing friends held a Nutrimetics (cosmetics) party at her home. There were six of us plus the make-up artist who advised us all the right colour foundation, eye shadow, lipstick etc we should be wearing!! She took the time to make us up, demonstrating the way it should be done!! My usual routine is a quick flick of foundation some mascara and lippie!! When it was my turn I suggested that to save time just make up one eye! We laughed and laughed, had afternoon tea with scones etc. then driving home I turned to my friends and shrieked OMG I have to call at the shops for milk and bread!!
They assured me that I looked fine no-one would notice..... imagine how I felt on arriving home and Walshie said - Er nice but what happened to the other half of your face!!!!!!!!!
Till next time........

7 comments:

Juls said...

lovely floral card.Its beautiful! love the dotty embossed background.

craftieodmae said...

Great cards on your whole page. You do such gorgeous work! You rock girl!

Robyn said...

Its so pretty Sue! Thanks for making me smile with your makeup story too LOL! btw How do you colour with pencils and baby oil?

CraftieConnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CraftieConnie said...

Hi Sue, this is a great blog! One day when I grow up, mine will be all neat and pretty like this! Your cards are fabulous! Had a good laugh about your makeup party. They are great fun! I don't think anyone can have as much fun as girls!

Bev said...

Oh this is gorgeous sweetie, love the beautiufl image and fab colours x

Rikki Holley said...

How beautiful this card turned out :0)

I got this stamp and already colored some images but have not assembled a card yet .
I love your version of the card :0)