Wednesday 22 July 2009

Wishing you........



Hi,
Hey thanks for your nice comments on You Raise me Up!! Oh, now I'm worried, Walshie liked that one too - you might not like the one I picked !! Friday it's up here.

So this is the first card made for my Sketch Challenge on Stamp TV! I liked the layout of this card and will use it again soon. What I wasn't happy about is the image. Oh I love the image but not as I stamped it. Too much white here I think this layout needed more.
  • Stamps: GKD Many Wishes
  • Paper : GKD Pure Luxury Soft Sand, Bazzill, Kaiserscrapbook - Rustic Charms.
  • Ink: Versa Color - Sky Grey
  • Birds and Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing Folder,SU Lace punch, gold swirl and gross grain ribbon.
Guess who received her new JustRite Stamps on Monday!! I just had to have a play.
Kathy gave me some tips to get a good image from the rubber so I did as she said and cleaned any residue from the stamp then gave it a light rub with 2 emery boards the 2nd one was very fine. Now the ink I used was Martha Stewart and quite pale so I wasn't really supprised when the 1st try did'nt work too well. Here is the card I made (very quickly) with my second try. I didn't think it was too bad at all. What do you think?





Not the best picture the sun hadn't quite made this end of the house sorry about that!

Till tomorrow............

7 comments:

CraftieConnie said...

Both cards are just beautiful! Love the soft look to them!

Robyn said...

How could we not like it?? Love everything about it- the stripes ,the swirl the border, the image-just gorgeous!

Juls said...

gorgeous cards! Love the simple yet elegant design and the muted colours are just beautiful.

craftieodmae said...

Sue your cards are always gorgeous. Whats not to like? Both cards are beautiful!

NinaB said...

I love both cards, Sue. I haven't used my Wishes set and now you reminded me to do so. I can't wait to see your GKD release projects for next week!

Kym Weber said...

Really beautiful!

Kathy Jones said...

How did I miss this post??? These are gorgeous Sue!!!! Love the soft colours you used and I'm so glad you are enjoying your JR stamps!!!!! There is blog candy on the JR blog for the new Christmas stamps that match this size too - you should go check it out!!!!! :)