Friday 31 July 2009

Elegant Post,Timeless Treasures, 2 sketches 4 You





Hi,
Just a quick post today with three more cards from the Gina K Designs July release, two are from Nina Brackett's 'Elegant Post' and one from Theresa Momber's Timeless Treasures.

The first one is for a challenge at 2 sketches 4 you. It uses the hanging basket stamped and clear embossed onto pure white card then coloured with Copics. I stamped it within one of the borders from my new JustRite Stampers and cut it using an oval Nestability die. The stamped image was then layered onto pink card and attached to the background which is just three strips of dp Basic Grey Bittersweet Vanilla Fudge - how pretty is this paper! The outer edges were punched with a lace border punch from SU. To finish I added a pearl either end of the image.

The second card:
This uses the largest Birdcage from the same set plus the two birds. Most of the cards I've seen using these two images have the birds inside the cage, I couldn't do that I liked to see them free sitting on top!!! I've stamped them all in a bronze ink.
I've used the new Green Apple card stock and a sheet of Gina's digital paper - how pretty is that.
Added some brown ribbon, bronze brads and a tab.

The third card is from Theresa Momber's set Timeless Treasures. This is a beautiful set with 9 images and 7 sentiments (how good is that!!). This set is great for men and women and I am joining Theresa on Tuesday Aug. 3 10pm CST (which will be Wednesday 1pm Aussie time) on a blog hop for her set. Please check back I have two fab cards to show, 1 male and 1 gorgeous female card (well I think the female card is one of my best so far!!!) .
Today's card I wanted to make in a vintage style - the image was stamped and clear embossed. then coloured with Copics. Those of you who know Theresa know she does the most beautiful sponging on her cards - well I tried..... think I have a bit to learn though!
I also stamped the sentiment onto my satin ribbon which wasn't as successful as I'd hoped!!!!
Did you enjoy the Release Party - hope so! I managed to get one card only uploaded then lost my connection!!! how annoying is that - I so nearly threw the computer out the window!!!!
Think I might be posting Elegant Post and Timeless Treasures for a month!!!

That's it for today hope you come back tomorrow........

11 comments:

Juls said...

what a great collection of cards! you have a really beautiful style! Love the soft colours of the vintage ones. And I love the birdcadge image! beautiful!

Tina said...

Sue, your cards for the new stamps were all just awesome!! Good job, you!!!

cnelson said...

beautiful cards!!

Laura Davis said...

Great work! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

anja curvers said...

Great cards thank's for playing at 2S4Y.

Bev said...

Wow, these are gorgeous sweetie, so elegant x

Heather said...

Nice cards- I especially like the one with the pink tabs- I'm a pink freak!

CraftieConnie said...

Sue, these cards are as beautiful as all your work usually is!

Kym Weber said...

Wow Sue! These cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about them - the layout and dp. Fantastic job!!

Jeanette said...

WOW! All three cards are just wonderful. I love the papers and the images that you have used!
Hugs Jeanette

Discount Cards said...

I love to saw all of them. All the cards include nice color scheme so we also have to be used these type of colors to come up with elegant shape.