Friday 24 July 2009

Stamp TV Sketch Challenge - With This Ring


OK here is the sketch Cathy very kindly copied from my card for me. !! My card measures 7 1/2 inches by 4 inches. It uses two dp's with the image stamped onto one of them. The sentiment is stamped within a ring 'frame'.

Here is my card:



  • Stamps: GKD With This Ring (by Rupa Shevde)
  • Card: GKD Soft Sand heavy base weight, dp Kimberly Poloson - blooming love/flourish stripe, EK Success - heart and soul. Pearled Cream Card (from my stash - sorry)
  • Silver embossing powder from Print Blocks, Kaiser self adhesive pearls, Ribbon.
  • Punches: McGill - pine, EK success - retro flowers in small and medium.
I've used GKD soft sand heavy base weight for my card base, layered first with a cream pearled card followed by my two dps (both of these were double sided).
I've used my sewing machine to sew the zig zag stitch. The Bells were embossed directly onto the dp in silver, at the same time I silver embossed the wedding bands on a scrap of the reverse side of one of the dps and cut them out.
The ring frame was cut twice, first from the same reverse dp using two sizes of Spellbinders circle dies and the second exactly the same but from soft sand. This was done to make the ring frame stand out a little from the card. I used double sided tape to stick them together and positioned them with the ribbon sitting above one end of the frame. However before I attached this element I silver embossed the sentiment so that it sat above the ribbon. The wedding bands were attached below the ribbon which just left the flowers to play with.
These were punched from two retro flower punches. To add some interest I ran the flowers through the Cuttlebug using Swiss dots. Small pearls were attached to the centre of all the flowers and I punch two pale green pine stems to finish.

So what do you think? was I right to discard the other two?

I have to tell the truth I actually made this card up twice - it started out a bit longer so the bell looked out on its own!! Also I embossed in gold and hated it!! The first one didn't use ribbon it had white tulle tied in a knot so the card was way too pale. I like the addition of the soft green which picks up the colour in the striped dp.
Anyway hope people play with my sketch and I get to see what they do with it. More than that I hope I post it correctly over at STV!!!!!

On Sunday we start the week of blog hops to preview the new sets from Gina K Design and guess who's up Sunday!!! All I can say is that there are some very interesting sets this month - something for everyone I think, so come back and check it out.


8 comments:

Selma said...

Sue as soon as I saw your sketch challenge I knew I had to try it. Your card is absolutely beautiful!!!!!! I don't know what the other ones looked like but this one is perfect. I have uploaded my card for your challenge. It was a very fun sketch to work with. I will be anxious to see your previews on Sunday.

Kym Weber said...

Absolutely gorgeous card and fantastic sketch! I'm excited to try this one. I love how you did the ring and embellished with flowers, branches, pearls and ribbon. Awesome job!

CraftieConnie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, the sketch so original! You are fantastic!

Juls said...

hi fab card, perfect for a wedding!

P.S I have left you a little something over at my blog!

Robyn said...

Its SOOO beautiful Sue!It would be impossible for us not to like this one! Love the flowers so much!And aren't you clever doing a sketch- sorry I won't be able to play this week!

Debbie Pamment said...

What a gorgeous wedding card Sue!!! And a fabulous sketch. I'm still playing catch-up after being sick otherwise I'd try and find the time to play along!
xXx

NinaB said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous, Sue! This sketch is going to be a challenge to do for me since I left all my Cuttlebug and circle nesties in Croatia :-(. Have a good weekend!

Kathy Jones said...

Sue this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I think it's perfect just as it is!! I love your take on the sketch, wonderful wedding card, gorgeous use of colour!!! Love it!!!! (Love the new pic too!! :) )