Wednesday 15 July 2009

Red, Black and White.......


Good Morning all,

Well look at this picture - I'm happy with this card! (first time for about a week! ).
I made it as one card for two challenges over at Stamp TV, Jessica's sketch challenge and Sue, one of the July In the Spotlight Designers who picked a colour challenge. Her theme was as you can see red, white and black.

These colours together are so striking, I mean to make more.

  • Stamps: GKD elegant flowers. Coloured with Copics.
  • Paper: Red craft card, Black Bazzill, White Pure Luxury GKD, DP American Crafts - backyard peep.
  • Embellishments: Pearls from Kaisercraft, Butterfly - Martha Stewart,flowers EK Success Retro Flowers.
  • SU Lace border punch.
I started with red card cut to give me a 4 3/4 inch square card.
Then layered first white and then the dp. The white card was punched with the lace punch and I added a strip of black card across this.
The red rectangle was embossed using Swiss dots and layered on black bazzill.
The image was stamped and clear embossed before I coloured with Copics. This too was set on black bazzill.
Then I got to play with flowers and pearls! love this bit. For the flowers I ran a scrap of the red card through my Cuttlebug again using Swiss dots, just to add some interest.
Pearls were used on the butterfly, as centres for the flowers and to embellish the strip of black card.
Hope you like this card - I really enjoyed making it after a week of so so cards.
Till next time......


7 comments:

Kerrie said...

wow, very pretty....

Juls said...

As you know, I love Black and Red so I am in love with this! Love the little details of the flowers and butterflies!

Juls said...

Hi, Its me again, I just wanted to say thanks for helping me to link to the allsorts challange, I had to attempt it a couple more times but I have got there now.

Big Hugs
Juls

Bev said...

Oh this is just stunning Sue - so classy! Love the image and delish colours you have used x

Debbie Pamment said...

ooooh me likey this one!!! I love the simple drama of it - gorgeous Sue
xXx

Fiona said...

Love the colours in this card,very striking.

Kym Weber said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the reds!