Tuesday 21 July 2009

Baby Boy - SASSC24


Hello all,
Stamps and Smiles have a sketch challenge every week and this is my entry for Mercy's challenge no 24. I needed a card for another new arrival, a little boy so picked some pretty card I've had for a while. Sorry I've cut the edge off so not sure who's it is, the sheet was made up of stripes of pattern so it was perfect for this sketch.
I started with my white card base then baby blue card. Each strip of paper is mounted to a teal/blue plain card before attaching to the background. I embossed the baby carriage from SU Fast and Fun Notes using silver onto white card . A Spellbinders die was used to cut the image into an oval and whilst still in the die I sponged around the image with SU bashful blue. The carriage was coloured with a grey Copics marker before mounting onto another scalloped oval of baby blue card. To finish off I added four blue brads.
Until tomorrow........

I'll post that other 'rejected' sketch card tomorrow - just need to get this one up. Oh and I've made a card with my new JustRite stamper need to take a pic but will add that tomorrow too.
Ed. Note: Thanks Robyn, the dp I've used on this card is from Heidi Grace.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Sue! This card is so so sweet!. btw the blue paper is by Heidi Grace- I have the same one in my stash!

CraftieConnie said...

How cute for a little baby boy! Love what you did with this stamp!

Unknown said...

What a totally adorable card! It's absolutely gorgeous and I love those papers!
Thanks for joining in with us at SAS.
Viv xx

craftieodmae said...

this is just cute as can be! You make the prettiest cards.

Anonymous said...

How adorable!! Perfect little baby card!

Kym Weber said...

Really cute baby card! Love the layout!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Sue :) What a super sweet baby card, I LOVE it!!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles!
Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)