Friday 16 April 2010

Annabelle Stamps.......Say It in...Pink and Brown


Welcome to this Friday post for Annabelle Stamps. Andrea has challenged us to ....Say it in......Pink and Brown, which is probably one of my favourite colour combinations.

I've used a sketch from 2 sketches 4 you sketch 50 this week and I've kept it really simple.
My base card is Chocolate brown from American Crafts Autumn colours. To this I added my pink white dotted dp, which is Grant Archival double sided. Some double faced satin ribbon and three gems from the new brown petals kits came next.

I've used one of the images from Flowers For You for my focal point. The vase was stamped to a scrap of Bitter Sweet dp and cut out. The flowers are stamped in SU chocolate chip onto pure white card that has been cut and embossed with a Spellbinder Labels die. Copic markers were used to colour this little spray of flowers and the centres were set with three tiny blossom gems, from the pink petals kit. I've used a sentiment from the same set stamped directly onto the dp to complete my card.

I wanted a small token for a neighbour so added this little purse size note book. The back is in the same chocolate brown card which comes over to the front of the notebook. The front edge punched with a SU lace punch, some pale pink ribbon tied in a bow across the centre.
I've used the same vase of flowers onto more of the dotted pink dp to complete the front of this little note book.

Go check out Andrea and the other designing divas to see how they said it in Pink and Brown this week and play along with us if you can.

Just a reminder that the last weeks sketch challenge ABSC019 is still open with a great ribbon prize for one randomly picked winner. If you have time why not enter a card .... you just might be our winner.

Thanks for dropping by hope you all have a great week end.
Till next time.........

13 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is awesome! Love the colors!

Brenda said...

Very pretty!

Kathy Martin said...

This is such an adorable card and notebook! Great gift! :)

cnelson said...

what a fabulous set!! LOVE it!

Betty Benton said...

Sweet gift -- she will feel very special!

Laura Davis said...

So cute, and so creative!
Just filling in for Kazan while she is at her retreat!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Robyn said...

So pretty!....love the little notebook!

Rene Sharp said...

Oh, I love this set Sue. That little notebook is adorable!! I also love your card from your previous post. Just gorgeous. Have a fabulous weekend. x

Nina said...

such a cute notebook, love to dress things like this up and you did such a lovely job and of course love the color combo~

CraftinGranny said...

Fantastic job Sue of putting this set together. I just love the simplicity and warmth of the set. Thanks so much for stopping by and good luck with the blog candy. I'll be here for your 1st too.
"Hugs" Granny

Andrea said...

Beautiful Sue, I love matching things like this but don't do it often enough! You've inspired me :)
Take care,
Andrea
x

Kylie said...

WOW Sue, your card and little notebook is BEAUTIFUL, LOVE it!
What a great little gift!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Ida said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! Love that you did a matching notebook.