Monday 19 April 2010

Magical Monday - Happy Mother's Day


Hi Blogger's,

I received some great news this morning.......I've got a seat for the first Sydney Copic Certification Class yeah!!!! and Kerrie got one too. We're both very excited and really looking forward to 6th May...... I think you'll be hearing more about this don't you LOL.








Are you ready to play along with Nina and the TMITA/PCC design team this week?

Kim is hosting the challenge and she's asked us to use any of Nina's images to make a 4" card using 1 ribbon, a single type of embellishment, 1 sentiment and NO dp!!!!!

I decided to make another mini easel card using a Spellbinder Blossom die, which is just under four inches. The last time I posted one of these I had a few comments asking how I made it so I'll quickly explain that you fold some card to make it large enough to cut the shape you want. In my case I folded an 8" piece of card to 4" square. Sit the die so that at the top the dies cutting ridge sits just over the fold in the card. After you remove the card from your Cuttlebug or die cut machine you have the shape joined at the top. Open the card out so the join is in the middle and fold the top of the top shape in towards this join. This makes your easel now you just need to cut one more single shape to decorate for the front of your card. Easy peasy!!! Once it's decorated add some double sided tape to the folded down easel and attach the decorated card front, lining up the petals.

On my card I ran the base through the Cuttlebug with a Swiss dots embossing folder to add a little interest. My Computer generated sentiment is attached with a foam dot on the base with the check ribbon.

I've used Nina's image 'Teacup with Daisies' printed onto pure white card and coloured with Copic markers for my Mother's Day card. A Spellbinders circle die cut the image out.
Don't forget at this point when you attach the image to the blossom shape to line it up with the folded down easel. If in doubt add the shape front first then attached the coloured image!!

For the embellishments I've added 7 blue KaiserCraft gems 1 in each of the blossom scallops.

Hope you like this little mini easel and might be tempted to have a go at making one too. Want to check out the design teams cards? all the links are in the side bar here or you'll see them over at TMITA. If you want to purchase one of Nina's image check out the online store here.
This weeks winner will receive their choice of two digital images from Paper Cupcakes.....Good luck everyone.

Thanks for dropping by, hope all's well in your corner of the world.

Till next time........

17 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Sue this is fantastic! never tried one before

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love your mini easel... so much fun! I'm so excited and a little jealous for you and Kerrie! Learn lot's of great stuff and pass it on! Ok... back to your card! I love the colors and the shape and the image... YES I love your card!

Sammi said...

Whoo hoo!! I look forward to meeting you there! :D

Oh and this card is GORGEOUS!!! Love the shape and gorgeous image!
xxx

Nina said...

Sue this is just soo pretty! I love the mini shaped easel card! I also love that you colored the daisies blue, they are soo pretty! Just everything about this is lovely!! I will have to try one of these shaped easel cards. Gives me a reason to invest in that shape! :O) beautiful!

Nina said...

OH! and congrats on your classes! how exciting that will be soo much fun! Although, you do a beauitful job with your markers already, who would guess you would need further lessons! :O)

Selma said...

I was just wondering if you heard about being accepted for the class. How exciting for you and Kerrie. I love your little easel card and now I am going to have to make one. Thanks for the "lesson". This image is perfect for this little easel card.

Theresa's Studio said...

Great shape card! TFS. Love how you colored. Have fun at class..

Kathy Martin said...

So pretty! LOVE the shades of blue! :)

CraftinGranny said...

Thanks for the tutorial Sue on making the mini easel. I'm definitely going to try it. Love the card and colors. Congrats on copic class!
"Hugs" Granny (Carol)

Kathy Jones said...

CONGRATULATIONS Sue!!! You are going to have SO much fun at the class!!!!

Love your circle easel too!!! Love blue and this is a beautiful Mother's Day Card!!! :)

Brenda said...

Congratulations Sue on getting in the class, how exciting! I love you mini easel card, so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sue, Copics class will be great fun! Love your easel card and the cute little tea cup flowers.

Betty Benton said...

So excited for both you and Kez! Can't wait to hear all about it! And, girl, this mini easel card is fabulous!! I still haven't done the regular easel card and now you've come up with the mini! I'm so behind the times!

CathyC said...

Great card!
congrats on the copic class - hope you will keep us posted on how it goes ;-)
thanks for the hints & tips and comments on my blog too! they are really appreciated - did you get my email about winning the blog candy? Please let me know if you would like to claim your prize. Hugs, Cathy, xxx

Patti P. said...

Sue, so glad about your classes...copics are one thing I haven't invested in, Yet! I love your mini easel card and want to try one soon. Your tutorial was so clear. Thanks for your inspiration.

Nilla said...

Gorgeous and very creative card, Sue! Love the coloring and shape! I am sure you can´t wait for the Copic class to start, envy you!! Hugs Nilla

MicheyMoo said...

What a sweet card. I love the easel concept and am going to have another go at it this weekend.

Watch out Copic.....the Sydney gals are coming!! :)