Saturday 3 April 2010

Isabella's Sketchbook - Challenge 1 - Love blooms......

Hey Blogger's, how's your Easter break going? Our weather is a bit of a mixed bag with April showers and the sun trying hard to break through.

Today's five inch card is my entry into the first sketch challenge at Isabella's Challenge Blog. I've used a beautiful image from Isabella called Mary Mary, which I've printed at approx. 2.75 inches tall.

The DSP is from the Kaisercraft Peachy Keen paper pad, which I think is full of beautiful Australian colours. The Ochre and burnt orange I picked for my card, teamed it with some American Crafts airforce blue (my name) for the mat. The base card is GKD pure luxury heavyweight.

The image was printed onto a self patterned sheet of the DSP and cut to size. I've coloured with Inkadinks and a Sakura clear glitter pen, for the swirls above the flowers. Hard to see in this picture, however IRL it gives just a touch of sparkle to my card.

The sentiment is from Annabelle Stamps 'Flowers With Love', stamped with SU Chocolate Chip ink. I've attached some ribbon and the bird image, from the same paper pad was cut with a Spellbinder die.

To complete the sketch I added the three chocolate pearls at the top plus the tiny pearls below the ribbon.

This is the second card I've made with Isabella's Illustrations - I really like both. Have you tried them yet? Why not join the challenge and join Isabella's group on PCP.

This card is also going into the challenge over at Fab n Funky Challenges - 'Spring is in the air'

I have one more card to make today, so better get to it......... I'm soooo slow!

Till next time,


Edit: I received this beautiful award from two lovely Australian Stampers:
Shirley-Anne and Edna. Go check these ladies blogs, you'll be glad you did! Thank you so much ladies It's a beauty and will be proudly shown on the side bar. I have trouble passing these awards on......who do I choose? you're all special to me..... so how about I pass it on to you all....if you too would like to wear this award on your side bar..... enjoy!

12 comments:

Juls said...

this is gorgeous!! Love the image!! and her orange dress is beautiful!! Love the gorgeous DP's too!! Hugs Juls

Shirley-Anne said...

Those colours are so Outback Australia . Great card layout too. I love the card because it is not too fussy . My style I think.

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

IsabellasSketchbook said...

This is a great card. I like the simplicity of it and the addition of the little bird. Very good interpretation of the sketch.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is so pretty Sue! I love the layout and how you used different size pearls!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a very pretty card! lovely in its simplicity! :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

love your coloring and choice of dp!! this is such an adorable image...love your little bird (:
Have a wonderful Easter GF!

redwasher1 said...

Another gorgeous card Sue!! I love the image and your coloring is perfect!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Yes, Sue, we do like the same image. Love the colors that you chose and the use of the pearls. The sentiment is so appropo too.
Hope you have a lovely Easter.

Kathy Jones said...

You've done a wonderful job with this challenge Sue and that image is just so adorable!!!

Ann English said...

Hi, Sue. this is lovely-especially like the addition of the little bird-great touch!

andrea said...

beautiful card,pretty image thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea