Thursday 8 April 2010

So Very Happy........



Hi Blogger's,

I wanted to share a card I've made ready for a friend who is about to become a Grandmother for the first time. I made it to the sketch over at STV so it will be my late entry over there too!

I've stamped this little image from the new Stamp TV Kit called Spring Mix, onto Watercolour paper and coloured it with Inkadinks. Then carefully cut it out.

My base card is GKD with a layer of DP from Kaisercraft the Gypsy Sisters Collection.
The punched edge was done using a Martha Stewart garden trellis punch, with some of Martha's ribbon added.
The image is popped up with fine foam tabs onto a circle cut with a Spellbinder die......and wait for it...... I sponged around the edge a little too!! So brave!!

Three flowers from Annabelle Stamps were added after they too were sponged and for the centres I added Kaisercraft pearls. To complete my card I added two more pearls top right.

I can never decide which angle looks best so I've put them both up here, though this bottom one looks slightly out of focus.....Not too sure why !

Have a great day all till next time....







12 comments:

Juls said...

this is gorgeous! love the image and colours, very stylish card! hugs Juls

CraftinGranny said...

Oh Wow Sue, this card is stunning! I love the colors, the layout and especially that cute little bird.
"Hugs" Granny

Betty Benton said...

Loving these colors!! I'm not about to be a grandmother again but you could always send me a card like this!!

Kerrie said...

Very pretty, any grandmother would love it!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both ways look great! Gorgeous card, love the color combo!Totally awesome!

redwasher1 said...

This so pretty , love your colors.

MicheyMoo said...

What a darling little image!! I love this card....the green is gorgeous!! xx

Brenda said...

Very Pretty!

craftieodmae said...

yep, still gorgeous over here, I saw it first on STV, I love it!!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

That is gorgeous. Really striking. TFS!

:) Marcia

Selma said...

Very stricking!!! The colors are so pretty and I love the placement of all the elements. Gorgeous Sue.

Kathy Jones said...

Beautiful!!! Gorgeous colours and image and love the punched border - it adds so much!!!