Sunday 11 April 2010

Bubblegum Girl and 2 challenges yeah!!!


Hi Blogger's,

After yesterday's emotional post .......it's back to normal for me today!!!
Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog has another great challenge this week using any of Cheryl's 'girl' images. There are PLENTY to choose from but I really liked this one!! ooh I can remember doing this.

Mad for Markers has a great challenge too, if you haven't found this one start with the link on the right hand side. You'll recognise Sammi, for sure. The challenge here was to use Copic Markers in the following colours: E00, R20 and BG15. I've used these plus a couple of others in the E family.

Base card is Bazzill Basics Petunia....a bit like bubblegum don't you think? The DP is from the Kaisercraft Gypsy Sister's Collection paper pad.

After sizing and colouring this image I decided to cut her out! Lots of Swiss dots embossing on this card, including the top layer of the delish pink flower. I finished the flower off with a silver spacer (a RAC from Bev in the UK) and a blossom gem which like the flower and the two blossom sprinkles on the top right are from Annabelle Stamps Pink Petals Collection.
Some sparkly ribbon complete this little card.

After I'd finished colouring this image I read a post from Cheryl saying that by popular demand she had drawn the follow up image to this one!!! You have to go check it out.........it's great.

Hope you're managing to get some craft time this week end, thanks for dropping by I'll see you tomorrow................

17 comments:

Juls said...

she is gorgeous!! Love the reds and pinks!! and the embossed detail! such a sweet card, love it!! Hugs Juls

Theresa's Studio said...

Sue,
We have done it again...used the same image in a challenge. We must certainly have similar likes and taste. The bad thing is, your projects are so much prettier than mine! As I said in my post, I was going to do pastels and somehow I went off plan. Love your card...so much more "girly" than mine..love the flower, dots, and DP.

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card!!!

MicheyMoo said...

What a fun image!! I'm imagining what the "follow up" image will be, lol!! Love all the layers and colours you've used here Sue. It's fab. xx

Kathy Jones said...

Well isn't this the most adorable image!!! Great use of these colours and lovely colouring!!!

Ann English said...

Sue-What a fabulous card. Love the colors and the embossing! Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Cheryls this week!

Jean McKenzie said...

A very pretty card! I really like how you have the teal strip down the left side and the pink flower and Sprinkles set it all off so nicely! Gorgeous!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super sweet card! Love the bubble gum! Can't you see it popping and going all over everything? Fond memories!

Tracy said...

Lovely card. Love all that embossing
Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryls
Hugs
Tracy

Emma said...

What a cute image...Love the bubblegum! I have to admit I do love the swiss dots folder myself, it gives a great effect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mad For Markers.

Kylie said...

What a gorgeous image - and so beautifully coloured!! Thank you for playing with Mad for Markers first challenge!
Kylie

Jackie Thomas said...

What a super adorable card Sue. You've done an amazing job and coloured the image perfectly. Thank you for joining us in the Mad for Markers very first challenge. xo Jackie

Sammi said...

This is so sweet Sue!! gorgeous job! Love that image (and the follow up. hehe)! The swiss dots look awesome!
They were the reason I had to have a cuttlebug a couple of years ago. :D
Thanks for joining us at our first M4M challenge! good luck!
Sammi
xx

Sassy Cheryl said...

Sue,
As always, I'm NEVER disappointed by clicking on your blog. Amazing. . . once again!

Alina said...

Beautiful card, Sue, I love the colours! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
Hugs, Alina

The Wired Angel said...

Beautiful job on this card Sue. Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week. I hope you will return again and again. Hugs, Peggy

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Gorgeous creation Sue.
Thanks for joining us at M4M.
hugs
Sue x