Friday 30 April 2010

Irish Blessings....

Helloooooo!

Second post today - If you're looking for AnnaBelle Stamps Say it with Pearls ......scroll down...thanks.



I've made a card for a special sketch challenge over at Claire Brennan's place Waltzingmouse Stamps. Claire is celebrating her first year of selling her own stamp sets and has a new release out May 1st. The sneak peeks have been amazing. So enough chat here's my card:




I've kept it quite simple using a digital set that Claire gave away for an earlier blog hop. I love the bunch of shamrocks and in order to use this image I've split the single shamrock from the sentiment in Photoshop and even changed the colours (I'm getting quite daring with the old Photoshop........I won't tell you how long it takes me though....lol).

I've done some sponging with Antique Linen distress inks and used my Copics to colour the bunch of shamrocks. The dp is from Basic Grey's Kioshi paper pad with the base card from American Craft Card. The red embellishments were from the candy I received from Cathy and the Green hearts I found on our whistle stop trip to Victoria!!!

Take a moment and go check out Claire's blog, join the challenge but you'll need to be quick it ends Midday 1 May (local time.... Ireland).

Tomorrow I have a card for Isabella's challenge , hope you'll have time to drop by.
Till then...........

8 comments:

Shirley-Anne said...

Nice layout . Well done with the single shamrock.

Angela Mclean said...

ACE coloring and design. Love it!
Angela xxx.

Joan B said...

beautiful job with the sketch.

craftieodmae said...

love both cards, you have done an awesome job!! Good luck with the challenges.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love the shamrocks,love your coloring,love the layout... love your card!

Laurie Marmon said...

I really like this take on the sketch with the digital images! Nice work!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Fab use of the sketch Sue, I have done a couple too, it was an interesting sketch :-)

Unknown said...

Oh lovely Sue, love the jewel colours and how you picked out the i! thank you so much for playing along!