Monday 12 April 2010

Magical Monday - Merry Wishes

Hello all,

Have you been over to TMITA/PCC to check out this weeks challenge details?
Merry Wishes is the image we have to play with this week and it was Nilla's turn to issue the challenge. Nilla chose a colour challenge for us:
Use any shades of Blue/green/white. Make these colors the main theme for your project.



I'll start by apologising for the photo! it was just too bright outside when I took this one.

The ring pull can contains chocolate treats - well probably not now my niece was given this at Easter!!
I saw this project on The Stamping Kub's blog and thought it was a great idea so it's a CASE really. I've since seen them on SCS too, they are pretty easy and fun to make.
My can was a can of apples that I opened from the bottom with a can opener, leaving the ring pull intact. Once the can was washed and dried properly I used some masking tape to make sure any sharp edges were safe. Next I added the chocolate goodies and glues the base back into place.
It's just a case of measuring around the tin and decorating now.
I liked how Kurtis had run some stitching around the top and bottom of the can so did the same on some pale blue card.
I've printed the image twice, one for the card and then again smaller for the can. Both were coloured with Copics and cut with Oval Spellbinders. A pale green mat was used for both can and card.
I punched a belly band of blue/white check card for the can and the image has two slots punched either side to enable the blue heart ribbon to be threaded through. This is tied around the can adding the computer generated sentiment and tied off in a bow.
I punched a circle for the top of the can and tied some more of the ribbon through the ring pull. Three heart embellies were added as well to complete the can.

The card is straight forward with some rounded corners and more heart embellies. Another computer generated sentiment attached with the blue hearts ribbon. Here' s a closer look at the can.


This project is going into the following challenge:
Our Creative Corner where the challenge is bows.


Hope you like this weeks project and have time to go check out the rest of the design teams projects. Nina is offering your choice of two images to the randomly picked winner this week so if you feel like some window shopping ....just in case.....click here.

I think my posts will be few and far between this week, I have to clean out the 'sewing room' I think it's time to turn it into a craft room !!!
It's all your fault Patti!!!
Any helpful hints would be appreciated. Any pictures you can share would be great too!

Till next time..........

15 comments:

Shirley-Anne said...

Both projects shared
are B EWE tiful..
Love the three hearts top right of card as embellishments. The can tickled my fancy tho. What glue did you use to re-attach the bottom of can?

craftieodmae said...

Wow , this is awesome.

Unknown said...

This is fabulous - lucky neice having such a talented Auntie xx

Robyn said...

Thanks for sharing this project Sue! It's amazing! ...and so cute!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is such an awesome set! I may have to CASE your CASE! So sorry you are cleaning... but you will love it when your done! Isn't that what you said to me when I was painting? HeHeHe! Don't work to hard!

Selma said...

Oh Sue, this is so cute. I love the colors you used. I have had a can for ages that I saved to do a project like this and have never done it. Now that I see yours, I'm going to have to decorate it.

Danielle said...

What a wonderful set you've done here Sue! The tin is gorgeous and the matching card is adorable! I'm sure your niece loved it!!
Hugs, Danielle

Kerrie said...

I love this image, love your creations!

redwasher1 said...

Sue, this is gorgeous!! I love everything about this!! Beautiful soft blues!! Now, I'm going have to try this!!! LOL

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous projects -- wonderful blues!!

Kim Mc said...

Hum...think I'm going to start opening my can's upside down! I've totally missed this idea before so thank you so much for sharing it! Your projects are GORGEOUS and I'm sure your niece enjoyed them thoroughly! Thanks for the inspiration!

aloha, Kim

Nilla said...

Oh Sue, this is so adorable! Well done! Hugs Nilla

Unknown said...

Hi Sue,
Thanks for entering my blog candy. I love your tin and card. I am inspired to enter this challenge...I havent seen it before.
Alicia xx

Kathy Jones said...

Sue this is just GORGEOUS!!!! What a wonderful duo you've created and you've done a wonderful job with both challenges!!!

Nina said...

oh my sooo cute and I have so many "to try" projects that I can't remember them all!! this set is such a great idea and wonderful little gift for someone!! just lovely!!