Wednesday 13 October 2010

CAS - Crinkle



Today's card is my entry to this weeks CAS challenge on SCS. The challenge was to be inspired by the word CRINKLE  which I've interpreted with the crinkled brown card and the skeleton leaves. 

I've used a stamped sentiment from GKD stamped in SU almost cocoa, stamped onto this odd sheet of cream card I picked up in a stationary store.......love the natural look of this card so added the string and a very natural button to complete.  

Now I look at this card I wish the top leaf was flipped round to make a point to the sentiment.  So saying, I put the leaves through the Xyron tape 'thingie' which was a bit of a fiddle .... they were sticking to my fingers.  It was definitely a case of one chance to get them in the right place!

See you soon...........

Photobucket

11 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your leaves look just great the way they are! Beautiful earthy card!

craftieodmae said...

No matter how it's pointing its gorgeous!!!

Betty Benton said...

I love those leaves and the beautiful simplicity of this card! It is very elegant!

Patti J said...

You are a great "crinkle" card maker! Love your leaves just as they are, and the cocoa ink is beautiful on that cream cardstock! Great job, Sue...thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

Sue, your card is simply elegant. I love it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Shirley-Anne said...

Very earthy tones . even down to the button and string , beautiful.
Love the sentiment too.
I have used vellum tape to adhere these leaves . I cut two or three tiny pieces place them on the cardstock where I want leaves to be , then ,after taking top off leaving sticky behind , using tweezers I hold the leaf over it until happy with position , then drop onto tape . Yes and once there ,its there to stay error or no.

redwasher1 said...

Your CAS card is just stunning!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice to see the leaves making an appearance, must get mine out this is the 2nd time I have seen them lately, I think you are restarting an old trend!

Deborah Frings said...

This is such a beautiful card. Lovely subtle colours and the sentiment is great.

Judith Veldhuizen said...

Beautifull card!! I really love those leaves!

Selma said...

This is so pretty and I like the way the leaves are placed. They are beautiful.