Thursday 7 October 2010

Shabby Bluebells


Hello Blogger's,

Today's card is one I made some time ago and never got round to posting here.  It features the beautiful bluebell image from Annabelle Stamps Sentimental Bluebells. 

I wanted a shabby style card so stamped the image onto this strong blue card using Versamark. Some pretty lace and pale blue ribbon with a few gems embellish the front of my card.  I've white inked the edges and popped it up over some pale blue American Craft card that also had the edges inked but a darker blue.   This was a quick card to put together for a friend of mine who loves anything blue!

Misc. chat.
I'm not sure if it's a sign of getting older but I seem to spend more time than I would really like visiting people in hospital.  A friend of ours had to take himself in Tuesday evening after feeling unwell over the weekend.  Wednesday he had to have surgery to correct an irregular heart beat!!!!  He's fine, but we were laughing saying we all want season tickets to the parking station at the hospital!  Never mind  that ...... I wouldn't say no to a days take!

Hope you can pop past on Friday for Annabelle weekly Challenge, till then..............


Photobucket

9 comments:

G Peplow said...

Love your card, great strong blue, yummy:)
I know what you mean, I'm getting geared up for the winter's onslaught on our friends and neighbours health and off down the Doc's to get the flu jab. Got to be prepared :0) xxx

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful colors of blue Sue and stunning card. I love the ribbon you've used. Your friend is going to love this! Thanks so much for stopping by and the sweet comment. Have a great week ahead. "Hugs" Carol

craftieodmae said...

this is so pretty!!!!

Juls said...

so elegant! Just Love the touch of lace! Hugs Juls

The Other Patti Sue said...

Simple elegance totally describes this card! Blue bells were my favorite flower when I was a kid! I really love what Marcia did with my blog... she's amazing! Thanks again Sue!

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the simplicity ...the bow and lace and the distressed edges

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Simply divine card, Sue!

Kerrie said...

Very elegant, love the lace, it just sets is off nicely....

Betty Benton said...

Love the colors and that lace is just gorgeous as well as the blubells stamp!