Saturday 9 October 2010

OLW #23 - Heavy Metal!!!



Hiya,

Here's my OLW#23 card for Susan's Heavy Metal challenge this week........and I promise there was no heavy metal playing during the making of this card!

I've used one of Claire's sets again, these little lanterns are from the Waltzingmouse Asian Gardens Additions set.  The sentiment is from SU Upsy Daisy.  The lanterns hang by  Annabelle Stamps silver sprinkles from a line of silver embroidery thread that is really like thin tinsel.

I went through every sentiment I owned to find something appropriate for this card.   I think the time has come to put together a list or maybe a data base of all my stamps and sentiments!  Does anyone do this?

Looks like Blogger have been playing again.......Have you got a changed Dashboard?.....Kerrie phoned me last night thinking she had a problem, but as soon as I logged on we realised I had the same screen!!! Hope it's just short term.........don't much like it!!!!

Hope you all have a great week end.......I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a bit of sunshine here.

Chat soon..........


Photobucket
Stamps: Waltzingmouse, Asian Gardens Additions, S U Upsy Daisy, Ink: Memento London Fog, Lilac Posies and New Sprout. Card: Roman's. Embellishments: Annabelle Stamps Silver 3mm Sprinkles and Silver thread.

11 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your card is stunning and has the perfect sentiment! I too need to catalog my sentiments... I forget what I have! I agree with you on blogger, hope it is short term! Have a great weekend my friend!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Sue how's the man in your life still progressing well? Hope so.
Love the bold , bright colours of the lanterns . Really pop off the white card .

Susan said...

TOO cute! Love the little lanterns, and you really stepped it up a notch with that silver thread to hang them from! Fab card!

craftieodmae said...

I love this, nope but need to oragnize my sentiments too, I forget what I have. I can never get blogger to work right LOL. Thought it was me,

Patti P. said...

What a lovely CAS card....very nice! Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with all my things and yet I still want to buy more...need a different organizational system, I believe and maybe that would help.

Selma said...

Love how you created this Sue. Stringing the little lanterns on the silver thread is perfect. I would love to organize all my sentiments -- where to find the time??

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

I have a folder full of all my stamps - I stamped them onto A4 paper so I can flick through and choose from there ... much easier than digging through the drawer!

Lovely colours on this card Sue.

:) Marcia

Susan Raihala said...

Happy, fun card! Great use of color, and your metallic element is GENIUS!!!!! Thanks, Sue, for playing along!

Mim said...

Love the metallic thread, Sue. Very cool for hanging the colourful lanterns off. Thanks for the heads up about Annabelle Stamps - not sure where I have been hiding but it is great to learn about Aussie companies, off to check out their website now!

Monica K. said...

I love how you used the WMS lanterns with that string. So cool!! That WMS set has been on my wish list a long time. Might need to finally order it!

MicheyMoo said...

I'm almost too embarrased to say that I have this set from WMS and it is yet to see ink!! Shame, I know. I just haven't had all that much time to get inky recently.
Anyways, I love how effective yet quick and easy this card is!! xx