Monday 21 September 2009

Aqua Wedding Celebrations

Good Morning, pretty busy week end. In the garden for most of it so we're looking quite tidy. Wonder of wonders we got some rain late on Sunday ....not nearly enough but it was good to see. Start of another week and I actually got to make this card for the Potluck Friday challenge on STV. It's Lee's challenge this week and she calls it "one plus one" that's one colour (as many shades as you like) plus one neutral. Now, in case you didn't know this I'll own up.... I love designer paper ! I'm challenging myself to try to use less for a while....oh I shake just thinking about it. I didn't even open the drawer that holds my dp when I sat down for this card I had an idea in mind after seeing a card made by the very talented Kathy. Go take a look, think you'll see what I mean.

  • Stamp: Wreath of Wishes GKD.
  • Ink: VersaMark and American Craft Zing white opaque embossing powder.
  • Card: GKD Pure Luxury heavyweight pure white, American Crafts Aqua and for the white flower petals 120grm computer paper.
  • Embellishments: Kaisercraft self adhesive pearls.
The base card is layered with aqua card that has been embossed using Cuttlebug Swiss dots.
The image and sentiment were stamped onto Aqua card with VersaMark and embossed with White Opaque finish embossing powder. I used a Spellbinders circle die for the image and also to cut a scalloped circle in white. After attaching the Aqua circle to the white scalloped circle I pierced around each scallop before attaching to the background with foam tabs.
I punched both sides of a strip of white card using my SU lace border punch. Three Aqua square dies were cut using Cuttlebug's Vintage Die set and attached to the middle of the white lace strip. The flower petals were punched using EK Success Retro flower punch medium and small, assembled with a small pearl in the centre then added to the centre of each square with double sided tape.
I added the two larger pearls on top and bottom left side to finish off.

So no dp in sight and I was quite happy with this one finished - hope you like it.

Thanks for dropping by.....
Till next time,

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Sue this is so beautiful! You don't need dp when you can come up with cards like this!!

Betty Benton said...

Sue, this card is super-duper!! I used to have to remind myself to use dp -- now I'm like you, it's hard to make a card without using it!

Robyn said...

Love your circle stamp and what a gorgeous colour!
Just right for a wedding card! Sorry I will not be joining your challenge-I love DP too much!

Kathy Jones said...

You have done a gorgeous job Sue!!! Love the aqua and white combo (I love white with any colour - beautiful!!!) and love what you made!!! The strip looks wonderful with punched edges and your wreath centrepiece is gorgeous!! Wonderful card!!! (And thanks so much for your kind words about my work! ~hugs~)

Selma said...

This is another very beautiful card Sue. Your are so good and coming up with beautiful designs.

Verda said...

Beautiful card and I love all your detail. Very nice blog. See you over at Copic Buzz.

Joan Fricker said...

Great job on this card Sue! Your design is beautiful!

Joan