Monday 14 September 2009

City Life.....




Good Morning,
Well the smoke's cleared and we can open the house up again! What a week end still I made two cards so not all bad.

I laugh when I see kids rushing around on what in my youth we called Scooter's. A couple of my brothers had them (Vespa's) and they thought they looked very cool! Ian made me laugh when he saw this card and said he had one and would ride one today!!! Oh what a sight that would be.

  • Stamp are we there yet? by Rupa Shevde for GKD.
  • Ink Memento Tuxedo Black.
  • Paper GKD Pure Luxury Ivory, Bazzill chocolate and pale lemon, GKD Digital paper Sunlit Summer.
My card base is GKD Ivory with a layer of the digital Sunlit Summer. I tucked some pale lemon satin ribbon around before adding the next layer of pale lemon that was cut using a Spellbinder label die then embossed with Swiss dots.
The scooter image was stamped onto the digital paper and cut out. A second label cut shape in brown was also embossed using Swiss dots and the scooter was attached. This layer was attached to the background using foam tape to pop it slightly. To finish I tied a bow and attached it with a glue dot.

I was talking to my Mum in the UK and she asked me to send her a picture of the 'new' wall at the front of our place. She came to visit about 10 years ago!! and remembers me trying to get plants to grow in the old timber sleeper retaining wall - what a nightmare. I think she might approve of this one (not my yellow hedge though!!! it should come good now - fingers crossed).
She never saw the Wisteria in bloom either and likes to see pictures so I took some to send her and thought I'd post a couple here.



Till next time.........



2 comments:

CraftieConnie said...

Sue, love the pics of the work around your home, I have noticed that in Australia your basements are above ground, as ours are in ground. Take pics all around so I can see your home! I love to see how the other side of the world lives! xoxox

Mandalika said...

So cute! I love the little vesper.

The wisteria is amazing, we used to have it groing when I was little and I remember draping them behind my ears pretending they were earings LOL.