Wednesday 16 September 2009

It's good to share......


Hiya,
I'm into Oriental cards it seems! Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog got me started with their challenge. After I made my first card I was looking through Mo's Digital Pencil Too Blog - have you found it yet? I know a couple of you have tried the digital images. Mo calls these illustration's, which is fair enough in my book they are beautiful!!

I've picked one illustration to play with and decided to combine it with the Mojo sketch 104 for this week, so this little card will go into two challenges - yeah.... one day I might be lucky!!!

  • Illustration: Mo's Girl in a Kimono
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers.
  • Card: GKD Pure Luxury for the base card, Gold craft card, SU pretty in pink and bashful blue and Yuzen Chiyogami Washi (Japanese Paper).
I started with a layer of gold card and followed this with the bashful blue that was embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder. I lay a strip of Japanese paper followed by a finer strip of pretty in pink that I dry embossed using a bone scorer.
Once the image was coloured with Copics I used a Spellbinder circle die to cut it out. This was then adhered to a circle of gold card.
The Sentiment was computer generated, cut with a smaller die and sponged with pretty in pink whilst still in the die. This was also adhered to a circle of gold card and attached over the larger circle with foam tabs. Three small gold brads were added and the completed panel was attached to the base card.

I'm really pleased with the way this card turned out - I was worried the gold might be a bit much but I think it works quite well with the Oriental theme. What do you think?

Don't forget to call in on Mo I think you'll enjoy the visit if you have'nt already that is!

I'm off to bake a cake.... Walshie will be working from home tomorrow and he takes over the kitchen so better get organised today!!!


Edited Note: I baked a coconut slice using a recipe given me by one of the craft girls (Le girls). As this post is about sharing I thought I'd share the recipe with you it's quick and easy and turns out well every time!!
Just went one step further and took a picture and then........ played with Elements.... you'll have to click on the image to read the recipe though.................... so here it is .....enjoy!

Till next time.........

13 comments:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

I have that image from Mo's Digital also, but haven't used it yet. Have you seen her little Inuit children?

I spent a semester at the University of Sydney many, many years ago. I haven't been back to Australia since, but am hoping to get there within the next few years. Sydney is a lovely city.

NinaB said...

That cake looks delicious. And you found Mo too. I love her illustrations and your card is just so pretty.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sue! Don't you just love MOJO Monday? I know I do!LOL!

Juls said...

I just love this image!! love the beautiful colours you have used with it.

Lorraine A said...

Oh I have seen a few cards made with this image for this challenge and every one is just gorgeous! you have coloured it beautifully and the colours and papers you used are just perfect ,,, The gold looks fab ! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

craftieodmae said...

Your cards are always so beautiful. I haven't been to that site but may check it out. I want cake! Man it looks so good. Printed out your recipe so I may bake me one this weekend. Come on over and I'll share with you LOL

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I love your oriental card! I gained a pound just reading the recipe for your cake! Yum!

Selma said...

This card is really cute. I like the gold on it. Now I have to go over and read your recipe. I love coconut cake!

Kerrie said...

I love the little image, I will be baking this cake for the weekend!

Robyn said...

Hi Sue! The gold looks just right on your oriental card! Thanks for sharing the yummy looking recipe-FINALLY have a day off tomorrow- I will give it a try!

Iris said...

Your card ist perfect, love the image and the papers.
Thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

Hugs
Iris

Theresa's Studio said...

Love the Oriental cards. I especially like the way that the gold circles enchance the card. Glad I stopped by and found the cake...looks delicious. TPollack

CraftieConnie said...

You are so so great at this craft of ours! Love all you have been doing, and this cake looks to die for, guess what I will be trying! Yummy!