Saturday 19 September 2009

Sweet Circles in Burgandy, Green and Pink


Good Morning,
First of all just had to tell you Tropical Lime, my card from yesterday won the challenge over on PCP!!!! I was thrilled especially as it was the first challenge I'd taken part in with them. Kerrie won the sketch challenge on STV this week so she was excited too. Perhaps we should buy a lottery ticket!!!

OK, today's card Sweet Circles is my card for Bizzy Becs challenge which was to make a project using Burgundy, Pink and Green. I've used this week's sketch challenge on STV for the layout.
This is one of those cards you make and they don't really turn out quite as you expected they would !
  • Stamp: GKD Elegant Post.
  • Ink: VersaColor gold and Copic markers.
  • Card: GKD Pure Luxury Heavyweight in pure white, American Crafts in rouge and olive, the dp is Basic Grey sugared and Grace Taylor for Grant Archival.
Pure White is the base card and I've covered this with a layer of Olive followed by the Grace Taylor dp.
The centre strip is olive and BG sugared with the corners rounded. I secured the ribbon loops before attaching this layer.

The image was stamped in gold (I think this is the ? for me) onto more PL card ,then coloured with Copics. I used a Spellbinders circle die to cut this out and added the gold brad.
I've attached the image to scalloped circles of olive and rouge card stock.


The flowers, top and bottom are made up of three layers of card starting with a rouge small die cut circle that I embossed with Swiss dots. Next layer is made from the Grace Taylor dp using the medium retro flower punch from EK Success. The top layer is a pretty 5 petal flower from GKD that comes in cream but will take the colour from any Copic's marker (and still retain a satin sheen). I gave these a spray of gold shimmer mist before adding the centre which is a gold spacer set with a pearl. These were attached to the background with double sided tape and the centre circle was then added with foam tabs to raise it up.

Thanks for dropping by till next time.........


13 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

All I can say is WOW! This is beautiful,so elegant!Congrats on your win!

Betty Benton said...

Congratulations on winning the challenge at PCP -- I'm thrilled for both you and Kerrie! This is a fabulous card -- thank you for sharing it and making me smile!

craftieodmae said...

This is so gorgeous!!!!!~ congrats! I'm so happy you won! When yall buy that lottery ticket remember me LOL

Theresa's Studio said...

Congrats on your win at PCP Very pretty card..

Mandalika said...

This is so beautiful. And of course Congratulations on your win!

CraftinGranny said...

Wow, what a great card Sue! Love the detailed information on how you put it together. I'll definitely be back.
"Hugs" Granny

Andie's Space said...

This is a beautiful card, filled with wonderful detail. It's a great interpretation of the colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Kathy Jones said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your WIN!!!! How exciting!!! :) Love this card too - beautiful use of colour and wonderful design!!! Such a beautiful card!

Kerrie said...

Wow, this turned out very pretty.

Selma said...

I am so behind on my blog reading. This is another gorgeous card. Congratulations on your win. I am so excited for you. Did you go out and buy that lottery ticket?????

Joan Fricker said...

Congratulations Sue! I know how excited you must be! And an award well deserved! Great card!!

Joan

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous and so much beautiful detail!!! Great job with the challenge,thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx

Bec said...

This is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious.. Bec xx