Wednesday 30 September 2009

Trick or Treat!


Hello, how is everyone today?
I'm pleased to report that the sun shone yesterday and praise be there was no wind.......Our house was a bit like a Chinese laundry though!

Walshie and I are celebrating our 31st Wedding Anniversary today......not sure where the time has gone seems like yesterday!

My card today is another digital illustration from Mo Manning. I have to tell you that before I came to Australia I never really bothered about Halloween. The kids in the UK weren't into trick or treating...though that might have changed now.
I always get caught out without sweets or as the Australians call them lollies. This year because the shops have everything stocked well in advance I've been buying bags of sweets.......problem is Walshie and I keep eating them! Now I learn that I have until the end of next month (it helps if you keep the dates for these occasions ah!)

So onto my card...... I printed the image onto white card and cut it using a Nestability square die. I used my Copic markers to colour this one.........how brave am I. The green scalloped background is from SU Kiwi Kiss.
My base card is also SU Sahara Sand and to this I added a layer of GKD Pumpkin Spice that was embossed with Swiss dots. At the bottom of this layer I added a strip of Digital paper from GKD with some ribbon across the join.
The image was attached using foam tabs and I attached a spellbinder tag and the computer generated sentiment with a copper swirl.

Hope you like this one and thanks for taking the time to drop by.
I'm working towards a card to post for World Card Making Day......can't decide what to do but I better get to it.
Till next time.........


EDITED NOTE: HOT OFF THE PRESS: Mo Manning has released 10 of her popular images as Photopolymer clear stamps. These are available now for pre-order from
Stampavie!!!!!! Check it out here

8 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Oh, what a cute card! I love the colors and your coloring is super!!!
Enjoy your anniversary because they keeping getting closer every year. Before long you will be celebrating your 50th.
"Hugs" Granny

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hi Sue! Thanks for sharing your blog with us! :)

Cath from Moxie Fab World

Robyn said...

Hi Sue I'm not really into Halloween but it is a cute card! Special congratulations to you and Walshie- Michael and I are coming up for our 31st wedding anniversary too in December!!!I must agree- how could it possibly have been that long ago????

Rybiooka said...

oh... Very nice card! Love the colours!

NinaB said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary to you and Walshie! I love your card, the colors are fantastic.

Mandalika said...

Cute image. I love the colours you have used.

Theresa's Studio said...

Great Halloween card.....beautiful coloring.
Happy Anniversary!

Linda said...

This card is so cute. I love it. I love the way you use the little tags.