Friday 4 September 2009

Precious and few.....



Good Morning,

I have this card to show you today and I know it's another of my pink and brown cards! I love Basic Grey and Bittersweet is all pink and brown so what do you do!!!
Kathy, who is on the DT of JustRite stamps, asked me how I was going with my new (not so new now!) JustRite stamps and I had to say that so far I had just played with them only. So yesterday I sat down and made this card ready for a friend who has a Birthday later this month. It's not 100% and after I made it I thought that next time I use the set I might sit my computer mouse pad under the card when I stamp. I'm used to stamping with the deep etched rubber stamps and JustRite are not. I tend to loose some of the finer detail. It's me I'm sure, I WILLl master them!!! Practice makes perfect.

STAMP: JustRite Harmony Classic (3 1/4" circle).
INK: SU pretty in Pink, Martha Stewart pink carnation, VersaColor brown.
CARD: SU Sahara Sand, Bazzill Chocolate, DP Basic Grey Bittersweet.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Kaisercraft self adhesive pearls and grossgrain ribbon.

Sahara sand is the card base followed by a layer of Bazzill brown. Bittersweet makes up the next layer with the ribbon to cover where the two papers meet.
I stamped the image inking the inner sentiment with brown ink and the outer edge with pink carnation. I used Spellbinder dies to cut the circles one plain and one scalloped.
I added some light sponging around the outer edge while the card was still in the die.
I'll confess that I did this because I lost the edge of some of the image!
This was then attached to the brown scalloped circle and then the card using foam tabs.
I added the three corner pink pearls. Punched a butterfly using a Martha Stewart punch, to sit on the edge of the circle. Then just added the four small pearls.
On the inside of this card I just added three fine strips of the dp and I plan to stamp a birthday message too.
Have you used JustRite stamps? any helpful tips you can pass on would be gratefully received. I ordered a couple of new sets earlier this week I'm committed to them just need more practice I think.
That's it for today, Friday has started out as a dull day. We must have had rain in the night the ground is wet. Some rain will wash away the dust which is good.
We're having a stone retaining wall built at the front of the house - it replaces a timber sleeper retainer which was rotten. I've enjoyed seeing the construction - it's a bit like making a patchwork quilt.
Thanks for stopping by till next time........






4 comments:

Mandalika said...

I never get tired of the pink and brown, I think this card is beautiful. I really like the sentiment that you have used.

Juls said...

beautiful sentiment and gorgeous card!

craftieodmae said...

Goregous card Sue, all of your cards are and I love veiwing them!

Kathy Jones said...

BEAUTIFUL Sue!!! Love your colours and layout! Did you condition your stamps beforehand - that does help and you will notice a big difference with the new JR stamps believe me, they will be easier to use!