Friday 18 September 2009

Tropical Lime...


Hiya,
Happy Friday everyone!!!

My card today is a nice bright Spring card - it's Spring here after all and in Sydney the weather has been gorgeous.

The sketch I used is for Carol's sketch fun challenge this is Carol's sketch I like the double ribbon element but as I only had the narrow lime ribbon I punched some lime card to add the extra width for the left hand side of my card.
I've also entered this card in Melanie's farewell challenge on PCP. The challenge there was to make a Best Wishes or Good Luck Card.
Hope you like this one.

Oh and guess what I got the answer to my linking question from yesterday's post. Yeah I know how to do it and will put it to the test to link this card. Thank you Kath in Scotland, Lorraine in UK and Theresa from STV oh and Susanna from PCP!!!!!! what am I like? I had everyone in on this. Sorry all but I hate to be stumped. Anyway enough twittering on it's after midnight I might post this then go to bed!!!
Thanks for stopping by.
Till next time........
  • Stamp: GKD Tropical Windows
  • Ink: Versacolor Lime and Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Card: Ivory Linen Base card, American Crafts Cricket and DP Basic Grey Lemonade.
  • Embellishments: Lime double stitched ribbon, Copper self adhesive nail heads (GKD) and copper charm.

10 comments:

Juls said...

just gorgeous!! what a fab combo of colours!!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card Sue! Wish it was spring here, fall and next is winter..........keep making them spring cards and maybe I'll stay warm LOL

Carol said...

It's a lovely card Sue, i did the same with the ribbon on my sample too!
It's starting to get very Autumnal here in the U.K.....gets so hard to take a decent photo of a finished project from now on!!
glad that you could join my sketch challenge, hope to see you again :)

Hugs
Carol x

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is one gorgeous card! And I can see it! LOL!

Theresa's Studio said...

Thanks for sharing a touch of spring. Breaks up all those fall colors we are seeing here. Very refreshing.

Kerrie said...

Very pretty, I know its spring, but it feels like Summer.... think its going to be a hot one.....

Curt in Indy said...

This is simply beautiful! The colors and the papers you used are perfect together. You mimicked the sketch perfectly (which is what I always try to do). Really pretty! Great stuff! Best, Curt

Robyn said...

So nice Sue! Love your image and your
"tropical" colours! What a great sketch- I made one too (though very different from yours!) Thanks for intoducing me to alll these great new UK sites!

Kerrie said...

Ok.... it worked, now you have to share it with us all....

Mandalika said...

This is fantastic. I love the colours and your right the double ribbon is great. I might have to have a go at this one.