Thursday 17 September 2009

JustRite Thinking of you 1


Hello,
How are you today?
I was talking to some friends at the week end about buying gifts for young girls. We were laughing and saying that these days you can't go wrong if you choose the colours pink and purple. I remember my youngest niece always picked these coloured pencils first when colouring in. She still likes pink!!! It got me thinking back to when I was young (ages and ages back!) and loved to play with crayons or paint and my favourite combination was purple and yellow very deep purple and very bright yellow!!!! Yuk. I had this in mind when I made this card.

I think I've mentioned that I bought two new JustRite stamps from Joan Fricker of Joan's Garden's in America. Well the large oval set called 'Thinking of You' had been on my wish list for a while so today's card uses one of the images from this set. I thought I would use a more 'mature' version of the colours I loved as a child!
  • Stamp JustRite Thinking of you.
  • Ink Memento Tuxedo Black, Martha Stewart sweet pea and Copic markers.
  • Card GKD PL heavy base weight pw, Grant photo mat stack lilac, Bazzill Pale lemon, Basic Grey Wisteria dp.
  • Embellishments 2 buttons from my button jar and some DMC embroidery thread.
My base card is GKD pure white.
My next layer is the Bazzill pale lemon with a strip of Wisteria that has the embroidery thread tied around. Beneath this I ran a narrow strip of wisteria with an even narrower strip of the pale lemon attached to it. Two lilac buttons were added to this with some more of the embroidery thread knotted through the button centres.
When I stamped the image I inking the centre and the outer ring at the same time which was a bit of a fiddle as I spent extra time cleaning the edge of the rubber stamp before I dared put stamp to card!!! My blogging friend Selma used a colouring pen on one of her outer circles and just gave the stamp a light spritz with water before stamping - so I might give that a try next time. Her card looked perfect.
So next - I used Copics to colour the centre image and then using a Nestability oval die I cut this out. A scalloped oval was also cut using a nestie and the stamped image was adhered to this. I attached the completed oval with foam tabs to pop them up.

Thanks all those who commented on my recipe card yesterday. I hope you get the chance to try it. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

I have a question for you blogging clever clogs out there: - I would love to know how when you visit someone else's blog you can type a work ie 'here' and attach a link to a specific post on your blog?
We all know how to use Mr Linky but what if there is'nt a Mr Linky? I've seen where people do this and I have no idea how they do it in the comments section of someone's blog!!!!!
Help if you can......please.

Till next time.......

10 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic card, great write up and wonderful question! I have always wondered how they did that!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your right, young ladies do like pink and purple! Your card is adorable! I can't hardly read your question about links because of the color of the text!Would you send me and email about the question?
Thanks Patti

The Other Patti Sue said...

Hey Sue,I put my glasses on.... can read it just fine!LOL! I shot an email off to my sis... she knows this stuff!

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the beautiful soft colours!!

Kerrie said...

Great card, love the colour and image.... yes I've wondered how to link.. i've played a few time, but don't seen to be able to work it out.

jo-in-oz said...

Beautiful card Sue. Just off to try your coconut slice recipe, just fancy something yummy as it's pouring with rain and cold today! Hope you're well. Jo x

Betty Benton said...

I'm loving your card, Sue! It is beautiful. Patti's second comment made me laugh out loud!

Curt in Indy said...

The subtle colors on this one make this such a soft, sweet card. Isn't it funny how some of the things in our childhoods still influence us yet today? Love the buttons and the floss bow too. Great touches! Best, Curt

Selma said...

Sue I love the colors on this card. It is so soft and pretty. Your layout is beautiful too.

Joan Fricker said...

Sue, you certainly did a great job using the JustRite Stamp set. Your coloring is so beautiful and I love everything about the card.

Great job!

Joan