Tuesday 15 September 2009

Simon Says - Oriental Mosaic

Hi,
Today's card is for the Simon Says Challenge Blogs latest challenge which was to make an Oriental (ish) card.

  • Stamps: Hero Arts 'Christmas Dolls', GKD Inspiration Mosaic.
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers.
  • Card: Black Bazzill, Red and White Rice paper (from my stash), SU Riding Hood Red, White Card, Yuzen Chiyogami Washi.
  • Embellishments: 3 Kaisercraft red gems, gold thread and handmade butterfly.

The base card is black Bazzill followed by white card then the red and white rice paper.
The Mosaic was stamped onto Riding Hood Red card in black ink - for this card I only stamped 3/4 of the block and flipped it to sit on my 5 x 5 inch card.
Two of the blocks are covered with the Japanese paper with a third covered with a piece of black card that the red gems were adhered to.
The image was stamped in black onto a scrap of white card then coloured with Copics. I used a Spellbinders die to cut this to size and attached it over another of the Mosaic blocks using foam tape to pop it up. Gold thread was wrapped around one long side before attaching the mosaic to the rice paper. I made the butterfly from a small piece of the same Japanese paper and attached this to the top right hand corner to finish.

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog today I hope you'll leave me a comment so I can come visit you.

Till next time

Edit note: I've just been blog hopping and found Kath's blog over in the UK - amazing lady go check her blog if you have a moment. She has Blog Candy too...... but the blog is a not to be missed!!!! Oh I love what she calls her cubbyhole!!!! I want one too..........

9 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love your oriental papers!! they are just lush!!

CraftieConnie said...

Sue it was so nice to talk to you! Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. Your card is stunning, the butterfly is so pretty, your are so imaginative, such beautiful work!

craftieodmae said...

Sue this card is fantastic!! Very pretty........

Minni said...

WOW, I love the card and especially the butterfly! Sooo pretty!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is adorable! Reminds me of my daughter!

Selma said...

This is such a cute card Sue. It looks great on the inspiration mosaic. I have some oriental stamps but never seem to use them.

Mandalika said...

I am loving oriental cards at the moment. The butterfly is amazing, you are so clever making that. Beautiful card as always!

Sharri said...

Sue this is a great oriental card! I love the butterfly and the layout!

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is just fantastic ! I love this image and the papers and layout you used are just perfect !! The butterfly is beautiful !

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x