Tuesday 1 September 2009

Happy Holliday - SASSC30


Good Morning!!!
Well I think cleaning my work area did the trick I managed to sit still long enough to make a card to post with another one on its way!!!

This card is for Stamps and Smiles sketch challenge 30. I always enjoy the sketches these girls come up with and last week I think my card missed the cut-off ! Not going to let that happen this week so got right on it.

Stamps: Umbrellas from Stamp World made in Australia (woo hoo).
Paper: Pale lemon craft card , Maroon card from my bits box! GKD PL layering weight in pure white and the dp is from Basic Grey Lemonade paper pad.
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic markers.
Embellishments: Maroon slim satin ribbon

The image was stamped onto PL pure white card and coloured with Copics. The sentiment is computer generated onto the same pure white card.
The base card is the pale lemon craft card as is the lace edged card. This was punched using a SU lace border punch, then I pierced around three sides.
The coloured image and sentiment were layered to the scrap of maroon card and attached to the lace edged pale lemon card.
I tied the ribbon at the top of this piece before it was attached to the dp.
The dp was then attached to the base card to finish off.

Can you tell how much I'm looking forward to Summer???? It's the first day today.... yeah.....

Thanks for taking the time to drop by till next time.......


9 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous!! those umbrellas are just too cute! fab card!

Betty Benton said...

Loving your Aussie Christmas card! We celebrated a couple of Christmases in warm, sunny Perth many years ago!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is so cute!I've never played at that challenge before!I'm off to check it out!

craftieodmae said...

this is so awesome!

Kathy Jones said...

Happy First of Spring!!!! Yes, aren't we all looking forward to a little warmth!!! This certainly makes me feel that it won't be too far away!!! Those umbrellas are so cute! I have this paper too and I haven't even cut it yet - how tragic is that!!!!

ps. How are your JustRite stamps coming along?? :)

Robyn said...

Too cute! Love that DSP and the maroon ribbon (isn't "maroon" a funny word! LOL)

Rose said...

fantastic card! love your coloring :) funny to think that your country is heading into summer and my summer is just about over LOL thanks for joining us on SAS this week ;)
rose - guest designer

Mrs B said...

Oh, what a cute card!!! I love the umbrellas!
Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps and Smiles!
CindyB

Anonymous said...

sue, that is so clean and crisp... love it!

Thanks for playing with us at Stamps and Smiles! Remember that this week's sketch is up!

-- dalis