Wednesday 2 September 2009

You're The Best Cupcake........

Hello,

I'm posting a little card that I made for the Cupcake Crafts challenge 55 which is a recipe.
Two papers (which I've read as 2 x dp papers), 3 buttons and ribbon.

I just love this cute little stamp I picked up at our Sydney Stitches and Craft Show a couple of weeks back. Pinks and Browns are a favourite colour combination for me too, so I had fun with this card.

STAMP: Art Stamps Australia.
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black,VersaFine Vintage Sepia, SU Pretty in Pink and Copic markers.
CARD: Gina K Design Pure Luxury Heavyweight in pure white, Bazzill - Chocolate, DP - Basic Grey bittersweet paper pad
EMBELLISHMENTS: 3 Tiny heart buttons, Pink grosgrain Ribbon.

I started with the base card in GKD heavyweight pure white and layered with the Basic Grey latte card that was embossed with Swiss dots.
The Bazzill Chocolate card was punched using SU lace punch on both edges before adding the pink ribbon and two of the buttons.
The striped strip of dp was added next followed with the hearts and swirls dp, with the third button attached to the top corner.
The image was stamped onto more GKD pure white card and coloured with Copics. I used Spellbinders oval dies to cut the image and matted this to a scalloped oval in Chocolate Bazzill. I've attached this to the card using foam tabs to pop it up.
The Sentiment was stamped and cut with a Spellbinders die and sponged with Pretty in Pink whilst still in the die. This is attached to the ribbon with double sided tape.

I went out for coffee with three friends today, we left my place at 10.30am and I got home at 3.30pm!!! We went to a shopping centre not too far away from any of us, but one we don't usually visit. Well did we have fun! my one friend has been looking for a 'summer' handbag for a long time and today she found a beauty!! My other friend bought a gorgeous new outfit, fit for Spring so she was very pleased and I came away with a hot pink top - very nice.

Hope you all get to do something fun this week - we all lead hectic lives and need to take time out for some fun stuff occasionally.

Till next time...........

12 comments:

Juls said...

she just looks so cozy!! I love the colour combo you have used!!really fab card!

The Other Patti Sue said...

She is probably the cutest little thing I've seen in a long time!She reminds me of my daughter!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Sue, what an adorable card. Fab image and the colour scheme is one of my faves too. Great layout and love what you've done with the recipe. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Heather said...

Fabulous card!

Donna said...

Fantastic card you have created Sue, love the beautiful little image and the colours and papers on this card! Thanks for joining in the fun at CCC this week :) Donna x

Unknown said...

Fabulous colour combo and that stamp is really cute xx Janet

Sharri said...

Sue, This is beautiful! I love the layout and that stamp is darling!

Anonymous said...

This is a sa-weeeet card. I love the colors and the LO, Great job!

Debbie Pamment said...

Love these colours together too - and such a sweet image - good shopping at the show!
xXx

CraftieConnie said...

Hi Sue, well you seem to read instructions very well, LOL, cause this one is a real cutie! The stamp is adorable and your paper combos and colors are great! I'm just teasing, cause when I am reading I tend to leave something out!

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Pop's Cards said...

This is just gorgeous i so love the image really super cute, great job on our challenge at cupcake hugs Pops x