Friday 25 September 2009

Just another Day in Paradise......




Hi,
Another busy day in paradise today! Cleaning up after the big blow that hit not just Sydney but most of the East Coast from well South of us up to Queensland. Finally sat down to make this 'quick' card for Gina's technique challenge over on Stamp TV. Ian was out with an old colleague so I had the afternoon to play.
Well let me tell you this was one of those cards that just wouldn't come together........The image was easy peezy I stamped and coloured it sat it on some GKD Apple Green (gorgeous) card cut into a scalloped oval. Then the fun started.... I tried three different layouts before this one. Different card, different dp embellishments you name it. In the end this was the result, can't say I'm thrilled but it was the best of the bunch.
I used more of the Apple green as the base layer then some pale lemon punched with the SU lace border punch and embossed with Swiss dots.
I attached a strip of pale lemon double satin ribbon down the centre and the stamped image using foam tabs to pop it up. Spent ages getting the bow right and attached that to the top with a glue dot. Phew done! I'm typing this at 10.57pm stopped only long enough for dinner.......
I actually took some pictures of my work desk to show you the mess I made making this card only to find I'd left the memory stick out of the camera!!! So you don't get to see it I cleared it to take photos. Just one of those days I think.
Tomorrow evening I'm off to the Theatre with friends to see Steel Magnolia's which should be good. I'll let you know.
Thanks for stopping by and listening to me rant.
Till next time...............

10 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I hope you have a great time at the theater! You deserve it....your card was quite a task! I

craftieodmae said...

this is simply beautiful!

Enfys said...

This is stunning Sue, I adore that huge bow.
hugs
en

CraftinGranny said...

Card turned out great and I love the paper and bow. I know how you feel though, sometimes it's just one of those days where we struggle to get it all together. Great job!
"Hugs" Granny
ps. It's a great movie, you will enjoy! Glad you weathered the storm.

Betty Benton said...

Sue, you card turned out beautifully -- it was worth the effort. I love the lacy border with the swiss dots, the ribbon is spectacular and the spotlighted flower is definitely eye-catching! Enjoy your evening -- you deserve a night out after the dust storm!

NinaB said...

I love your card, Sue. The colors are fantastic. Enjoy the theater!

Net said...

I really like that. I wish I could tie bows as neatly.

Anonymous said...

yummy card Sue, hugs ~Donna

Selma said...

You did a beautiful job with this challenge Sue. Your background really shows off the main design. Your bow is spectactular -- so perfect. Hope you really enjoyed the theater.

Sharri said...

Sue, This is beautiful! The layout is gorgeous and the flower pops against the green apple and lemon colored papers!