Thursday 3 September 2009

Buttons and Bows....



Hello,
Today's card is for a challenge over at Tuesday Taggers, Buttons and Bows. I have to own up and say that I follow the blog site and keep an eye on the challenges but so far have only entered a couple!!! I'm bad, cos it's over in the UK which is where I'm from and I love to keep up with all that's happening there in papercraft.
So Pink and Grey were my colour choices, to fit in with a colour challenge this week at Stamp TV.

STAMPS: GKD Elegant Post by Nina Brackett, Heart swirl by Art Stamps Australia
PAPERS: GKD Heavy weight PL in pure white, Grey Bazzill, DP Basic Grey Bittersweet card pad and Heidi Grace- Oh so loved (stripe).
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black and SU pretty in Pink.
EMBELLISHMENT: Three heart buttons, Pink Grosgrain ribbon and two tiny pearls on the butterfly that was punched with a Martha Stewart Punch.

I used a Nestibility oval die to cut the grey bazzill then punched the side with a SU lace punch. The ribbon was added to the spine side before attaching to the white card base 1cm forward of the fold.
The pink dp was added to the inside of the card before stamping the basket of flowers. I've used the base of the Elegant post and stamped it (upside down) for the basket to sit on. No colouring of this image - if you look closely it's such a detailed stamp I think I get away with leaving it on this pink DP. The striped dp was also punched with the lace punch and added beneath the post.
To finish I added the punched butterfly which has the two small pearls attached and then the three small heart buttons.
That's it for Buttons and Bows - hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

Till next time.......

12 comments:

Selma said...

What a gorgeous card Sue. You are so clever to use the bottom of the lamp post. What a great idea.

Mandalika said...

This is so pretty. I love the details inside and your clever use of stamps. Have a great day!

Robyn said...

Hi Sue! I agree with the previous two comments! Very creative and clever ideas here! And a very beautiful result too!

Teri said...

What a great card! How you doin' over there?
Thanks for playing at Tuesday Taggers this week, glad you could join us.
Hugs,
Teri x

Rach said...

a beautiful card Sue, gorgeous details.. hugs rachxx

Juls said...

love the grey and pink and the apature style card is so elegant!

Lori said...

Love this color combo and those cute heart shaped buttons are adorable!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh so pretty and what a fab Idea, I love the pink on the inside. Kim

Unknown said...

What a classy little number this is! love evrything about it! Thanks for managing to join us this week - glad you stop by often hope the next few weeks will see themes you want to join in with too xx Janet TT

Michelle said...

What an elegant card Sue, glad you felt like joining in this week with such a delicious creation. Thanks for playing at Tuesday Taggers this week.
x Michelle

My name is Cindy said...

Yes as has beensaid a very elegant - and clever to se your stampupside down for a different effect!

Unknown said...

lovely card Sue. I love that border stamp. thanks for joining us on TT's this week. Emma xx